Cool Videos

Well at least no dust to eat or rocks to bounce over. Think I would prefer that on my Atlas to many a green lane in the IOM.
It was pretty easy on my 3c, especially on the Victorian side where you could easily average 80ks and more. But when the constant drizzle turned the top layer of fine dust to a sloppy soap-like consistency it was bloody horrible. I would have thought his more aggressive off-road rubber might have helped but apparently not from his comments about sliding out a lot. I think he was sliding the rear under power, my road rubber was allowing the front to slip and that's really arse puckeringly bad. So my 3c ride was in 1989ish I think. Sometime in the last 10 years we were heading to Dalgety from Jindabyne and missed a turn and ended up on this road, It slowly became apparent that had happened but not till our fearless leader had us do approximately 50 ks of dirt. We turned around then, this road has approximately 180ish ks of dirt crossing into Victoria, it's pretty remote. Another bloody funny thing was during the COVID-19 pandemic when all the state borders closed for the first time ever in our history they had Cops guarding all the roads that crossed the NSW and Victorian border to stop people sneacking across including this one in the middle of Nowhere.

Assuming you haven't had enough of the frying pans, Paul?
Could be worse. Two people I know, One a friend, had their garage burn down.
The friend had a Norton F1 and a Martin Triumph triple in there. Not long after the gods asked that I sacrifice a few bikes. I helped him clear the mess up which involved disposing of the asbestos garage roof that had collapsed.
Paul

Pete Hickman answers the question of electronic rider aids very well and irrevocably, H switches it all off when he races the TT, lap times are much faster.
If you have the skill you can ride better than the bike, if you have not, then get a more manageable bike and stop pretending you can ride.

Jules (shit rider and no ego)

Pete Hickman answers the question of electronic rider aids very well and irrevocably, H switches it all off when he races the TT, lap times are much faster.
If you have the skill you can ride better than the bike, if you have not, then get a more manageable bike and stop pretending you can ride.

Jules (shit rider and no ego)
It would be very interesting to actually see how one of these "alien" motoGP riders would go with it all turned off - if it was in fact possible with those bikes. I wonder if any teams have actually tried it.

Apparently, most modern Fighter Jets cannot fly without Computers manipulating their flight surfaces. We are not Bumblebees or Humming Birds. Unless you ride a race bike very well.

Apparently, most modern Fighter Jets cannot fly without Computers manipulating their flight surfaces. We are not Bumblebees or Humming Birds. Unless you ride a race bike very well.
This is because an aeroplane should provide a stable platform which, while in trim, will virtually fly without much input from the pilot. The corollary of this is that it takes time and effort to change direction. Much like a well sorted Laverda.
This is less ideal for a fighter aircraft. Hence why current fighter jets are designed to be unstable to a degree that makes them unflyable by a human pilot alone. It reduces the risk of an enemy shooting you down.
If the necessary computers fail, the pilot 'bangs out' of the 'plane, leaving those on the ground to worry about where it's going to hit terra firma.
Would you like to ride a motorcycle that rode in a developing tank slapper unless the electronics kept it in line?
I certainly wouldn't.

According to WW2 Figher Pilets, flying straight and level would get you killed really quickly. The plane itself does that now. Times change, SS Bevels handled great and so do TZ race bikes. But dramatically different though. Just a talking point.

According to WW2 Figher Pilets, flying straight and level would get you killed really quickly. The plane itself does that now. Times change, SS Bevels handled great and so do TZ race bikes. But dramatically different though. Just a talking point.
Although as I've learned over the years there's a big difference between 'handling' and 'stability'.

Would you like to ride a motorcycle that rode in a developing tank slapper unless the electronics kept it in line?
I certainly wouldn't.
Can think of a few bikes like that, and didn’t have the electronics to keep them in check either. They soon taught you to respect your’s and/or the bike’s abilities otherwise it would all end very messily.

London has the Royal Jordanian , Moscow has Kondrakov ........ No licence plate so he gets stopped ( although the cops seem just as interested in the bike as well ) ....... Takes the piss out of a rider who doesn`t filter ......... Gets pissed off with SUV drivers who won`t let him filter ....... Admires an old Moskovitch 2140 .... Then just decides to go with the flow ........ Everyday sort of stuff , really .........

Last edited:
Back