Fuel taps

LJ-2

I have 12 pairs of square longer reserve taps left, most likely my last batch as demand is getting lower than outlay. PM me £68.00 plus postage.

Cheers Shaun

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 67
Have more manufactured = lower cost, better stock control, more availability

Yes, I know, but think about Levis 501, Field of Dreams and Juliann Assange …. OK forget JA.

The very LAST 5 pairs left @ £68.00 plus post (UK £5.99) overseas £15-£19 depending on country., this will be it , so grab a pair whilst left also listed on Ebay for a bit more.PM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
OK I have just completed a full restoration of an Alpino S 500 and did get some fuel taps for it but they don't look as good as these.
However my question to any and all is , what is the best way to fit taps and stop them weeping. I know one thread is left and the other right etc but I cant seem to stop a slight weep and dont want to just go on tightening the threads. Some advise would be helpful from the brains trust.

Check the bottom of the tank threaded spigot is clean and flat. If that doesn't do the trick then replace the gasket in the bottom of the nut on the fuel tap which sits against the spigot. I'm assuming the thread on the spigot is clean and undamaged.

Check the bottom of the tank threaded spigot is clean and flat. If that doesn't do the trick then replace the gasket in the bottom of the nut on the fuel tap which sits against the spigot. I'm assuming the thread on the spigot is clean and undamaged.
Thanks yes in my rush to get this going for the first run i didn't really check that well but assumed it was right. And as we all know you cant assume anything I will empty the tank and have a proper look. I was just so darned excited to get it going its been two years almost to the day.
Cheers
:cool:

No Need to empty the tank - as long as it isn't too fuill.\, just set it upright so the fuel level is below the taps. Done it a few times recently cleaning gunk from my filters.

Back