MOVED: Updated For Sale Policy

"Now you've been deleted...asshole"

Bill, you have just lost any credibility you had in my eyes. As far as I'm concerned, Crispen is one of the important contributers that makes this forum worthy of my time spent here. He's doing much more for the betterment of the Laverda brand and community than you will ever achieve.
If this bullshit carries on the way it's going I don't think you'll have a forum to impose your draconian ways.
It's no longer a strorm in a teacup!!!

What's happening here??
There was some comment that Crispin had been banned due presumably to his comments. I was just about to send a reply hoping that this was just friendly banter and then comments dissappeared...........but it looks like Crispin is not active :angry:
If he has been banned for those comments, I think the wedge has just been driven further.............

(I can't for the life of me understand what is really going on, or what is trying to be achieved except another Guzzi Forum implosion ...........)

Rob, you must have posted the same time as me. I took a fair amount of time trying to work out what to say (I was stunned).....
but I think you've captured it much better..........................

Hey Peter,
I generally stay out of the bullshit stuff and keep my thoughts to myself. I too have no idea whats going on or why. I certainly didn't notice any problems till the off topic issues started and couldn't for the life of me see what the problem was. Now we have come to this, a very important part of this forum has now been deleted. Does that mean no more Perfect corner series/ real time race updates.
This is a great loss in my opinion and can't see it ending there!!

Rob

Bill, see that you have deleted your "Now you've been deleted...asshole" post. second thoughts eh? Well I'm glad I spotted it before you deleted it because it shows your true colours.

??? Don't know about all of this or really what prompted it, but it does seem a mountain out of a molehole.

It would seem that Crispin's been sidelined, I was trying to flick him a PM to buy a tee shirt and cap to support the OZLaverda racing team but can't do so.

Support laverdapedia and support one another.

Cheers
Jason

I found Crispins "games" disrespectful and counter productive. I have deleted his account as my original ban seemed to have been over-turned.
If people have issues with the ways things are done THIS forum is not the one. I will accept PMs and off site comments.

My reaction, to his moderation  was, not my idea of responsible - if he thinks it was funny he can explain it to me personally.
Since my original post was moved to Attention seekers this is not off topic 9-)

I am thinking we might have a culture clash here,its a typicaly Ozzie thing to take the piss and sometimes it gets close to the bone,hope the steam goes out of this as loosing blokes for blowing rasberrys is, well I dont know what to say from here.

I think Red's reaction to what Crispin did (ie  :D :D :D) is the correct response.  If banning Crispin is a joke then ha ha, but can he come back now please.  If not, then this site is fucked.

Reggie

I think you need to get a grip on reality Bill. This is only a web forum, not a school classroom. We need very few rules, and those we do have are pretty much respected by everyone. But if someone occasionally transgresses, so what? It's hardly a hanging offence.

In relation to deleting Crispin - If you can't handle a bit of gentle teasing without doing the forum equivalent of going for your gun and blowing someone's head off, then perhaps you're not the best person to be in control of this forum. May I suggest that you take a back seat and let someone else call the shots. I'm sure your stress level will reduce.

Regards,
Cam

So - please take Bill's request to mail your opinion to him offline. Keeps the discussion out of the forum and shows Bill how many people don't like Crispin to be banned, what your thoughts about this and the current moderation are etc.. Best way to solve issues is offline I feel.

Sent my mail to Bill today, and that is all I want to say publicly. Thanks for doing the same.  :)

Cam, not sure that is the answer.
Never has there been a greater need for someone to create a new forum and unify the guys here before we dissipate to the four winds.
It is too good to lose, too noble to suffer on this site.

Crispin is a good guy.
I think people on this site are aware of cultural differences between time zones. To me it adds to the richness of this site.
Acting like a petulant schoolboy taking his ball home is not really a way to treat grown ups.
Get over the power trip, loosen up and start enjoying the forum.

Just in case this gets me banned, I will start the chant: I'm Spartacus!

See you all around somewhere, somewhen.

Not sure what to think about all of this, Bill I've PM'd you, won't take you long to read....

Seems things are getting a bit out of hand. Best to stay cool for now I suppose, see if the man comes to his senses. When we all moved from MSN I remember posting some daft babble to try and calm Tim down about the true spirit of the pub is the people, the actual venue is largely irrelevant. So if the worst did come to the worst, well, we could all just meet up somewhere else and share good knowlage and bad jokes....only request is next time we try and find a landlord that has a sense of humour.

Keith.

Bill,

As you'd expect, in the Australian lexicon we use words differently to other cultures.  
When Australians call each other farn khan's, they are taking the piss. Depending on how we say it, we're also taking the piss when we call each other c**t's and we do it a lot. Aussies are experts at conjugating this particular word.

There is an Aussie band called T.I.S.M. (This is Serious Mum) who have a great song called; "I might be a c**t but I'm not a f**king c**t". Kind of explains Australians down pat. It's all in the intonation and delivery. We understand the context but you might not. Which is unfortunate because this, as Vince pointed out, might be a cultural misunderstanding.
As Cam infers. Maybe you need to spread the work load around. Or you could come out to Australia so we can really give you a lesson in piss taking. You'd enjoy it, we're all a pack of friendly good natured khants out here.

Cheers
Chris

Let's try to remember....

The Brits founded AMERICA with a bunch of Bible bashers

Oz was founded with a bunch of Crims

What did that leave back in the Mother Country......

People like ME..... Why is the UK FUCKED ?

Dunno

dellortoman said:
I think you need to get a grip on reality Bill. This is only a web forum, not a school classroom. We need very few rules, and those we do have are pretty much respected by everyone. But if someone occasionally transgresses, so what? It's hardly a hanging offence.

In relation to deleting Crispin - If you can't handle a bit of gentle teasing without doing the forum equivalent of going for your gun and blowing someone's head off, then perhaps you're not the best person to be in control of this forum. May I suggest that you take a back seat and let someone else call the shots. I'm sure your stress level will reduce.
Regards,
Cam

I've pm'd Bill but Cams words sum it up for me ......

Rob

Laverdalothar said:
So - please take Bill's request to mail your opinion to him offline. Keeps the discussion out of the forum and shows Bill how many people don't like Crispin to be banned, what your thoughts about this and the current moderation are etc.. Best way to solve issues is offline I feel.

Sent my mail to Bill today, and that is all I want to say publicly. Thanks for doing the same.  :)

Surely something to do yet with cultural differences  :wink:... As I'm latin, I don't like offline or hidden actions at all. Everyone has the right to have all the information about what is happening. Bill has to be placed publically in front of his responsabilities. Maybe this will help him to recover.......

Back