Out and About on your Laverda.No bull,Just photos

I highly recommend reading Sullys book, it includes a word for word transcription of the comms betwen plane and ATC , from take off to ditching
CLEM

( disguised ) BSA Firebird scrambler, brother had one, crashed it one night, came home with one exhaust muffler under one arm while riding... maybe cause of crash was Conical front brake, or oil in the frame leaking...or... love the Mach 4... nice one Paul. j

( disguised ) BSA Firebird scrambler, brother had one, crashed it one night, came home with one exhaust muffler under one arm while riding... maybe cause of crash was Conical front brake, or oil in the frame leaking...or... love the Mach 4... nice one Paul. j
I think the Mach 4 is an H2 :)
It was the owners first outing on it and he was very grateful for the FO8s on the front in the downpour we had that morning, without engine braking.
Paul

I think the Mach 4 is an H2 :)
It was the owners first outing on it and he was very grateful for the FO8s on the front in the downpour we had that morning, without engine braking.
Paul
My only ride for over 30 years was my bought new ( September 1973 ) Suzuki GT750K, short run version of the Candy drum braked J. As rolled off the throttle it went faster, engine brakes?? Whats that... a smile here.

There was a sticker on the front forks of the GT750K which stated ( Paraphrased ) that braking in the wet was not certain, and true it was, film of water would build up on the rotors and as you squeezed the front brake with alarming pressure the film would break and much excitement ensued... to mitigate i used to ride along with the front brakes slightly engaged to prevent water build up on the rotors, together with the 2 stroke riders fingers on the clutch lever at all times it was man building in action for an 18yo apprentice... always thought the Laverda rides were much less demanding, softened a once hard as 18yo apprentice....j

** rode a what we called Mach 4 ( H2 ) did not ride a Mach 3 ( H1 ) though did ride an S2 350. All around 1973/4.

Last edited:
My only ride for over 30 years was my bought new ( September 1973 ) Suzuki GT750K, short run version of the Candy drum braked J. As rolled off the throttle it went faster, engine brakes?? Whats that... a smile here.

There was a sticker on the front forks of the GT750K which stated ( Paraphrased ) that braking in the wet was not certain, and true it was, film of water would build up on the rotors and as you squeezed the front brake with alarming pressure the film would break and much excitement ensued... to mitigate i used to ride along with the front brakes slightly engaged to prevent water build up on the rotors, together with the 2 stroke riders fingers on the clutch lever at all times it was man building in action for an 18yo apprentice... always thought the Laverda rides were much less demanding, softened a once hard as 18yo apprentice....j

** rode a what we called Mach 4 ( H2 ) did not ride a Mach 3 ( H1 ) though did ride an S2 350. All around 1973/4.
I still dry the discs by applying pressure from time to time when it's raining.
Otherwise it's: squeeze, nothing, so squeeze more. I've never found a way of making those cast iron discs work in the rain.
One of the reasons I bought a 750 Aprilia 18 months before retiring. I was riding the SF2 up until then and it seemed downright dangerous in rush hour traffic.
Paul

My mate Lal raced an ex works 750 Kawasaki ( two stroke) and they had an elastic band on the front brake lever for wet races- that was a “works” fix apparently

Top ride into the mountains with some of the Vic Lav Club boys (thanks for organising Hooksey!). Included 65km of endless 2nd and 3rd gear bends, superb surface ... how to get some money's worth outa our expensive rubber! Sore neck today from the constant acute angle of the head left-right-left-right-left-right ....... What an Incredible road. Several signs warning MOTORCYCLIST HIGH RISK AREA! Interesting place for a V4 Panigale ...

Only problems were offered up by yours truly - blown fuse starter relay/coils (new hi-output 0.5ohm coils must be drawing loads more than the 3ohm Dynas) and a custom made centrestand that started to break in the middle! Cable ties and spare fuses for the home trip carried by someone better-prepared than me :cool: The shakedown continues.

Attachments

• Club run-Thornton.jpg
    Club run-Thornton.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back