• Haider

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Pecket & McNabb

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Scrumpyjack

There are a few changes to the rules for the ?Summer Special BOM?
Rules:
?   The bike must be a Laverda.
?   The person submitting the photograph does not have to be the owner of the bike.
?   3 votes  per person for the duration of the competition.
?   Voting will finish 6 weeks from posting, so put your feet up, relax and take a good look.

There are so many pictures of Laverda?s available on the net that it is difficult to choose which to post. This problem is compounded by all of the additional pictures you have sent me.  An unexpected bonus is that I am amassing  a great selection of photographs as a result.  So how to accommodate you lot? As the name suggests this competition is for ?specials?. Even this has proved difficult as there are so many great examples out there. I have restricted myself to one example of each manufacturer.

I am not entirely sure what I have so I was hoping that some of you would be able to assist and provide some info on the bikes below.
Please keep sending the photos to scrumpyjack1@sky.com. For the SSBOM we have:

? Difazio John Ransome Laverda Nessie replica
? Nico Bakker
? Harris
? Egli
? Rau
? Palmares?
? Haider
? Spondon
? Tuscher
? Saxon Motodd_Mk5_Gianconda
? Haider
? Pecket & McNabb

Happy voting

Scrumpy

difazioJohnRansomeLaverdaNessiereplica.jpg
87-8.jpg
harris_laverda.jpg
Egli.jpg
018_Rau_Laverda_1000.jpg
d%C3%83%C2%A4ne.jpg

ex_Frankenberger.jpg
lav1200spondon-2.jpg
small_DSC00093.JPG
Motodd_Mk5_Gianconda.jpg
laverda_cl1000.jpg
Peckett%20%26%20McNabb.jpg

Option 1: Difazio
difazioJohnRansomeLaverdaNessiereplica.jpg

Option 2: Nico Bakker
87-8.jpg

Option 3: Harris
harris_laverda.jpg

Option 4: Egli
Egli.jpg

Option 5: Rau
018_Rau_Laverda_1000.jpg

Option 6: Palmares
d%C3%83%C2%A4ne.jpg

Option 7: Haider
ex_Frankenberger.jpg

Option 8: Spondon
lav1200spondon-2.jpg

Option 9: Tuscher
small_DSC00093.JPG

Option 10: Saxon Motodd_Mk5_Gianconda
Motodd_Mk5_Gianconda.jpg

Option 11: Haider
laverda_cl1000.jpg

Option 12: Pecket & McNabb
Peckett%20%26%20McNabb.jpg

jotacorsa said:
#11 is an early haider last seen in florida
#7 is also a haider

Thanks for the info. I have updated the descriptions but the intent of one example per manufacturer is now out of the window.

Scrumpy

Laverdalothar said:
you need to update the voting-description, too, please...  :wink:

Lothar,
I have tried to do this previously but could not, I do not believe that I have the necessary permissions, however I know a man who does and will seek some assistance.

Scrumpy

Guys I see that 9 people have voted but only 19 votes out of a possible 27 have been cast.

You have 3 votes this time.

Scrumpy

Good on you Scrumpy
Keep trotting out these jems!

Summer where you are but in the depths of Far North Queensland we're well into winter.  Maximums of 26c and minimums of 17c brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

I could send you pictures of all the ice around the place but the beers in the esky would get in the way  :D

Cheers
Jason

Regrettably that on Option 12: Peckett & McNabb, the engine is not better highlighted

The Laverda engine involved in the beauty of these bikes

I only chose the Egli, with its pure lines, even though the other bikes are technically beautiful

Xavier

Nice one Scrumpy votes cast wish i had a couple more too.

Lemon

What's the low down on the Palmares?
I have actually not seen that one before.
Is it a one-off?

A quote from Stephane:

#2 is a Nico Bakker (from Bevilacqua/Enzo - belgian importer)
The bike is still in Belgium but in other hands
Won the 1985 belgian SBK championship with Patrick Orban

Thanks  for the update Stephane., I have taken the liberty of copying your posting as I am not sure how to move it. Text now amended to reflect this.

Scrumpy

Grant said:
What's the low down on the Palmares?
I have actually not seen that one before.
Is it a one-off?

Grant,
Good question the frame looked remarkably like the one in this thread http://laverdapedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=41935.0. Contained in the text is a description of the frame and what I beleived to be the name of the frame manufacturer. But my grasp of any language is poor to non-existant, after a few ciders I have been told I have completely mastered torrettes :D, so a big assumption on my part. It could easily be - well anything. Happy to make further amendments when further information is known.

Scrumpy

Haider #7 once belonged to T.Frankenberger, a Ducati and Laverda dealer located near W?rzburg, Germany.  I had the opportunity of taking it around Zeltweg/A1 Ring in 1997 on my way home from the big Breganze do.  1200 engine with quite a bit of grunt, but not much go, unfortunately.  Would have been a great touring motor.  Despite the ?hlins suspension, the chassis didn't do it for me either, too low and too much wheelbase.  Had 20 fun laps, though!

I helped Hans Tuscher a bit with the engine of his 2nd. special, re-phasing the 120? crank to 180?.  The entire lubrication system has been re-worked and an external screw-on filter cartridge incorporated.  The primary belt runs dry, as does the 750 clutch, thanks to a very trick LH engine cover.  No longer a primary cover, is it? :wink:  The ignition is cam driven and the head seems to be a rare works twin-spark head and is fed by Mikuni RS36.  Generator is O-ring driven off the drive sprocket.  The frame is entirely of Tuschers' design, a pipe-bender friend helped him on that.  The Aprilia 125 swing arm is the bikes' Achilles heel, a bit too flimsy without added bracing/boxing.  Remaining running gear is Suzuki GSXR.

A former Bakker/Laverda endurance racer has found its' way back to its' former owner in the Netherlands, hopefully it will return to the tracks in the near future.

piet

Scrumpy,

You're really teasing us now. All I can see is; I want, I want, I want.

Chris

I voted, as some of these are really good, but for me, the best special of all is Paul Berg's RGA 1000 with the Sprint fairing: dual headlights, long & low, standard silencers, endurance racing orange and in fine nick. I want one just like that when I grow up.

Back