3CE for sale

Piranha Brother 2 said:
If Slaters were making the 3CE why would it be stamped at the factory???  :-X

As for the offset clamps, probably a photo from underneath the lower clamp with the steering stop removed would show the non-centric steering pivot.

That won't show anything useful. Both sets of yokes have the forks forward of the steering stem. However one set has the top and bottoms bored so that the steering stem and forks are parallel, whilst the other set are bored at a slight angle.

Apparently it affects the angle of the dangle, and there is rake and trail. Maybe it's to do with the kitty litter at race tracks... Follow the trail, clear up the mess and rake over the kitty litter before the next race.

HTH ;)
J

Before I read Tony's book I thought rake as it, that book is a real eye-opener. Apparently he is an Ozzie.
Motorcycle Chassis Design: The Theory and Practice: Foale ...www.amazon.com.au ? Motorcycle-Chassis-Design-The...
Motorcycle Chassis Design: The Theory and Practice: Foale, Tony: Amazon.com.au: Books.
Book length‎: ‎160

Hey, Matt, what's all this?!  You're selling your bike?!  That doesn't seem right - hope you're ok?  :eek:

Ciao

Craig

Good Luck with the sale if it's just that the 'Time has Come'.  I should really sell my Corsa 'cos of lack of use.  Tskk.  Maybe one day ...

Ventodue said:
Hey, Matt, what's all this?!  You're selling your bike?!  That doesn't seem right - hope you're ok?  :eek:

Ciao

Craig

Good Luck with the sale if it's just that the 'Time has Come'.  I should really sell my Corsa 'cos of lack of use.  Tskk.  Maybe one day ...
All fine Craig. It is hard to sell my 3CE as many years good times riding. But yes time has come is right. I have lighter small bike to  renovate and use instead which I have been neglecting. I can?t live with more than one - too much time goes into them for me. 

fatmale said:
All fine Craig. It is hard to sell my 3CE as many years good times riding. But yes time has come is right. I have lighter small bike to  renovate and use instead which I have been neglecting. I can?t live with more than one - too much time goes into them for me.

Phew!  Thanks for replying, Matt.  Glad it's nothing serious.

Know where you're at.  If I was sensible, I'd sell my whole paddock and buy a KTM 390 .. or something  :eek:

Good Luck with the sale  :)

OneThinBloke said:
That won't show anything useful.
J

Yes, we know about the non-parallel thing. IIRC Grant mentioned that the stem isn't centric to the clamp - either top or bottom or both. Was thinking it might be a better way of working out the offset, parallel or not parallel.

Actually I had my Ceriani yokes welded up and line bored parallel.
This resulted in the top yoke nut being off centre.

Instead of the ineffective removal  method of getting  rid of these scams, shoddy we adopt a massive bidding routine.
Will he be charged for each successful sale?

Effing hilarious! I love the attention to detail and the in-depth description of the bike - fills the potential buyer absolutely to the brim with confidence!  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Simon Y said:
Instead of the ineffective removal  method of getting  rid of these scams, shoddy we adopt a massive bidding routine.
Will he be charged for each successful sale?

I'd say that with 6 bidders making 49 bids and the price at over 65K ....... that may already be happening.

Has anyone emailed the seller yet?

Jim

That Jota picture has been featured in repeated scam listings on ebay for the last 12 months, along with up to two thousand other listings by the same seller. They use a different seller's ID each time, which have existed for years and have decent feedback, presumably hacked?

Question is how difficult can it be for ebay to spot this?

I have reported this scammer to eBay on four separate occasions and every time his listings are taken down only to reappear a week later under another seller's name!

fatmale said:

Did your 3CE sell?

Jim

Hi Jim
No not sold but also it then had an issue with the head with leaking valve guides. The head is back from Keith Nairne and Ged GCS at Three Legged Cross down in Wimbourne near the New Forest is putting it back on ready to collect anytime v soon. Keith?s work is well respected as you probably know so I am hoping all good now (Ged also). All top end of engine renovated now and new ignition as stated before in this thread. I will ride it to test and see how I feel about the bike but probably sell still. Are you interested?

I would be very interested if I were in UK ........ and had steady work ..... and could travel ..... and so on.

I think the 3CE is my favourite of triples even though all are great bikes. I just hope it all works out for you and you either keep it or it goes to a worthy rider!

Jim

Back