Electrian- London/Kent

Smartv11

Anyone know of a mobile auto electrician in the Kent area that does bikes??
I?ve rewired the bike but getting frustrated by a fuse that keeps blowing - thanks
Paul

Only one i know is Ferret ,not sure where he is hiding now but he can be contacted on 07765 832420

You could give him a ring and see if he can help?

Steve

before the lockdown Ferret was encouraging people to bring their bikes to him, and was slowing down the mobile service, it simply is not possible to have everything that might be needed on board, a much better environment is his own workshop, he was into total bike rewiring anyway, I doubt that he would have visited for troubleshooting as his frustrations with previous work is clearly evident.

I think you have an SF and if its a 1,2, or 3, wiring problems are easy to sort since all components plug into a double stacked chock block setup under the front of the tank, RHS. there is no single component called "loom" simply unplug every component, and reinstall, and test, as soon as you have blown the fuse you have found the fault, it was the last component that you plug in. You will need a large wiring diagram, obtainable from the Clubs (not for long) regalia man Ted

If you don't have an SF1,2 or 3 that wont work.

CLEM

well it was near the head stock on my SF1 Paul and also on my SF3, but I never did have an SF2, like yours, maybe yours is not original?
I know my SF1 was stock because I bought it new, but it is possible that my SF3 was not original as I bought it used.

SF2 owners??? shout now and SF3 while we are at it, where is your chock block set?
CLEM

So what makes the fuse burn? When battery connected? When ignition or lights switched on? Clem's  method is what I was going to suggest, but you would need a test light instead of a bunch of fuses to burn. You'll also want a way to 'open one circuit at a time' ie: multipin connector (MPC) terminal removal tool. Model year? Do a visual inside switchblocks, headlight etc. Make sure nothing is touching something it shouldn't, like metal! (unless it's supposed to). If you installed the harness, you already are familiar with layout.

CLEMTOG said:
well it was near the head stock on my SF1 Paul and also on my SF3, but I never did have an SF2, like yours, maybe yours is not original?
I know my SF1 was stock because I bought it new, but it is possible that my SF3 was not original as I bought it used.

SF2 owners??? shout now and SF3 while we are at it, where is your chock block set?
CLEM

Don't know about SF3 Clem but I suspect that it's the same as SF2.
All SF2 had the connector block towards the rear of the tank.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Rupert Paul also does what Ferret does and he?s a good chap.  He does rewires, and I see he has done a Laverda
https://rupesrewires.com/pierres-laverda/

Ian

Smartv11 said:
I?ve rewired the bike but getting frustrated by a fuse that keeps blowing - thanks

Just tackle it logically and you'll get there. If you rewired the bike yourself you'll know what's on the problem circuit. Disconnect all loads, then reinstall one at a time, powering it up each time to see if the fuse holds. If it isn't an individual component (eg, horn, brake light system, ignition coils, whatever) then it may be a combination of two or more, in which case you simply need a higher rated fuse. Once you've identified the component, or sub loom assembly, you can troubleshoot that.

Rider668 said:
Hi Paul,
Rupert Paul also does what Ferret does and he?s a good chap.  He does rewires, and I see he has done a Laverda
https://rupesrewires.com/pierres-laverda/

Ian

Another vote for Rupe. He did my Montjuic and made a great job of it which included a new wiring diagram.

Back