Out and About on your Laverda.No bull,Just photos

51156781555_5ab50c29f6_b.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
I have seen it used quite a bit in the tropics too. In Norway they have heating wires in downpipes on a lot of building, prevents them being frozen solid inside.
wow never even thought of that.... my mates drive in Iceland is heated by volcanic heated water , looks bloody funny when he is in bare feet on it shovelling snow from the sides in winter

In Norway they have heating wires in downpipes on a lot of building, prevents them being frozen solid inside.
I don't understand the necessity of that. If the water freezes in the downpipe, then surely any water on the roof would be frozen too. So there wouldn't be any flow anyway unless the roof and gutters are also heated.

There will be some clarification in due course. Maybe the water on the roof is flowing in fast enough that it doesn't freeze?! Like with single coil twin trigger SF ignitions ... dunno!

I have watched a few Building shows on the box set in cold places and they can have issues with Ice Dams on roofs, that's gutters freezing and water entering after that happens. They like steep pitches to avoid this happening. Typical Oz roof pitch is 22degrees, steep enough to shed water easily but not to steep so it becomes difficult to build.

Have seen those around but the thing that worries me is all that rain going to waste, would love all that water in my rain tanks, haven't had any decent rain for months now.

Back