Earplugs, London and South East

The Sock

Just renewed my earplugs, today, at Ultimate Ear in Sidcup (2a Bedford Road, Sidcup, Kent DA15 7JP).
Been wearing the old Squidgies since 2015, found them hugely better than foam plugs and figured I'd treat myself to some fresh ones.
Having the impressions taken is painless and takes 10-15 minutes.

They do various types, see on this link: https://www.ultimateear.com/

Motorbikes, music, and, for those like Clem, shooting.

Got chatting with George, in sales, and he made this offer:
Free impressions (saves you £30) and a 10% discount on the plugs.
Call him and mention my name (Hamish Renfrew) on 01689 876885 to make an appointment.

Attachments

• Ultimate Ear.jpg
    Ultimate Ear.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Vince

Good gadgets, been using mine for years. On my 3rd set. One tip, I use an orange one for the left and green for the right. It makes it easier to stick the correct one in the correct ear. I know it sounds nuts but it's easy to do

The Sock

Good gadgets, been using mine for years. On my 3rd set. One tip, I use an orange one for the left and green for the right. It makes it easier to stick the correct one in the correct ear. I know it sounds nuts but it's easy to do
They'd thought of that, Vince. Photo of my old ones with the identifiers, although the red one has faded a bit over five years.
The thing I found weirdest when I first got them was because they are specifically designed to protect your hearing from the harmful frequencies, while allowing vocal ones. Stopped at traffic lights, the engine noises were muted but I could hear the pedestrian's conversations as they passed!IMG_2209.JPG

CLEMTOG

the red one really should be the left one, as above "no red port left in the bottle" or as plumbers would state with hot and cold taps "red on the right is wrong" but would the best be as in paddy's wellies R or L

I would like a set of those, (at pres using yellow foam disposable drums) I wonder if one set covers shooting and motorcycling? too late really, I am going deaf for sure and have had tinnitus for years, I do notice though, especially on long continental trips, that the comfort and lack of wind noise though using plugs, does tend to have me going faster than maybe I should, and after some hours of tending to lose concentration, and getting that feeling of a need to sharpen up.

What do they cost though (with the free impressions and 10% discount)
its the box at the bottom right hand corner of the page that I would like to know about.

CLEM

Last edited: