Electroplater recommendations required.

Spider Wales

Anybody got recommendations for an Electroplaters in S E Wales or The West Country?
Loads of nuts/bolts/washers et al need doing in Zinc and I have quite a few bits that need rechroming.

Good question! I believe Shaun has used an outfit in Exeter . I was humming and Harring about getting original silencers rechromed but have decided it’s not a good idea.Still need headlamp brackets and brake pedal doing, there is some good reviews for Doug Taylor in Weston super mare but have not had first hand experience.

LJ-2

I use Doug Taylor Jason, though with Covid i think they are about 8 weeks,hard to find,don"t use a Sat Nav! I get my silencers chromed in Birmingham at Chromefix.(one of the few that will do them,4 week turnaround) I "ve 3 there now actually.

Patrick

There is a good electroplater in Bristol, slightly annoying I can't remember their name but they were on the Barton hill trading estate, I had some bits done there and they were also doing classic car bumpers etc.

I use Doug Taylor Jason, though with Covid i think they are about 8 weeks,hard to find,don"t use a Sat Nav! I get my silencers chromed in Birmingham at Chromefix.(one of the few that will do them,4 week turnaround) I "ve 3 there now actually.
Have you been quoted for silencers ? I would like to keep my originals as they are indented and pretty solid.

LJ-2

Mine will be back this week, then you have to flush them out with liquid form of ACF50 to neutralise the chroming process acids.Smoke for a bit until it burns off!