Front Wheel 18" with or without spokes.

You can buy new hubs and rims, repro but they aren't cheap and originals are rare and expensive. If it's a wire wheel it is a 3C not a 3CL also '73 bikes would probably have a drum front brake not a pair of discs.

You can buy new hubs and rims, repro but they aren't cheap and originals are rare and expensive. If it's a wire wheel it is a 3C not a 3CL also '73 bikes would probably have a drum front brake not a pair of discs.
Thanks. Yes you're right.. this one is 1974..twin discs etc...

Try Subito.it, marktplaats.nl, leboncoin.fr etc but they rarely come up and when they do they are £1000
An SF2 one will fit but they are also thin on the ground..

Hmm..thanks for that..This one has a tiny bend? in the rim..it's just back from Coleshill after being trued up
and I still have a slight head shake at 40mph(hands off). took it to my wheel balancing mate today and the wheel
has the tinyest of 'waves' as it rotates on the balancer...I think it was the £1000 pound pot hole on the way
to the airfield... the folk at Coleshill said it was trued up and a spoke balance was popped on but said nothing
else about a dink in the rim.
Thank you for your interest.

Obvious thing to do is go back to Central Wheels and get them to sort out the 'wave'. Unless they mentioned the problem to you, it's reasonable to expect a trued up wheel to be true! Replacement Borrani rims can be obtained but not quite identical to OE

Prices have gone down on those front wheels but they're very thin on the ground.
I sold one for £1000 two years back and bought one for €600 18 months ago.

3C and SF2 are identical.

Don't change the rim for a slight ding, it can be knocked back into shape and have that rim respoked.

Paul

ok.thanks..preciate the helpful info..this lil head shake so far has cost a shed load..beefed up forks replacing the skinny ones from Wolfie..even
tho one was nearly an inch longer than t'other...lol..3 years at Nairns.. (not lol)..hey ho...just a ding in the rim...summers comin...

Back