Club Laverda NSW Canowindra weekend 24/25 april

I took the counter-clockwise return to Crookwell via Cowra, Frogmore and Rugby. All sealed back roads, some a little snotty as is normal in Oz, but a pleasant run and no bolts!

Attachments

• IMG_20210425_111343.jpg
    IMG_20210425_111343.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 33
And then more

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpeg
    IMG_0532.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0533.jpeg
    IMG_0533.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 31
Most of that tyre damage was done riding it flat the 30k into the next town after Tom tried the Finnyleak and that failed, and as Steve B said there goes the old story of tyres coming off the rim if you go tubeless and have a sudden deflation. Tom was crabbing sideways up the road on a dead flat tyre for maybe an hour at mostly 60kph,bet it felt longer and the tyre stayed well on the rim, it looked bloody horrible from my position behind him. Its a bit academic, even tubeless plugs probably wouldn't have helped considering the size of the bolt that caused it.
Is it just my math or does that mean that it would have been 55-60 km to the next town...

Reactions: T.C
Who wears a watch on a ride or ever, it seems like a long time with me watching my mirrors like crazy attempting to slow and wave past the suddenly appearing fast moving following cars. I don't like being a slow moving target on usualy fast moving roads. I was happy to see Tom pull over and head off to pass the message, which was not needed as he was finally in Optus phone rang to ring the main body of the ride. BTW don't expect any bush phone service from the comparator to you know who 10ks from anywhere.

Back