82 TS Mirage FS.

The buyer needs to allow for a hydraulic clutch cover replacement by the looks of it. Good bikes those TS ugly ducklings.

Bloody hell! Non running 82 TS Mirage "barn find" with a broken hydraulic clutch cover and missing its fairing, sold for $12,000 AUD. Wow. My totally rebuilt 82 1200 Mirage remains available and an absolute bargain on comparison.

#3423, that's almost a sister bike to my TS, which is 3429 with mileage at about 25,000kms.
Certainly did sell at a good price, given the condition, high mileage, damaged clutch cover, non-std seat cover, etc.
Agree that Paul's bike is an absolute bargain.

Tom

There's a good bit of luck involved in the sale of vehicles, Paul. Sometimes it's almost effortless, sometimes it seems hopeless. I've experienced both situations. If I didn't already own a great example of this model, I'd buy yours in a heartbeat.
Patience, my friend!

Paul, I think in these covid times people are wary of coming to view a prospective purchase. I have had my sfc1000 up for sale for nearly 5 months on various sites at what I believe to be a fair price, I have spent hours answering the same questions to numerous enquiries and not one person has wanted to view. So I may resort to sending both Laverda's to auction as I don't want my wife to have the trouble of selling them later.
Neale

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_150533.jpg
    IMG_20201121_150533.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 44
My TS 1200, advertised on here only recently. I had 5 interested people and 3 who were happy to buy on trust. I think the wider public are more sceptical..glad I didn't have to advertise more widely.

Paul, I think in these covid times people are wary of coming to view a prospective purchase. I have had my sfc1000 up for sale for nearly 5 months on various sites at what I believe to be a fair price, I have spent hours answering the same questions to numerous enquiries and not one person has wanted to view. So I may resort to sending both Laverda's to auction as I don't want my wife to have the trouble of selling them later.
Neale
Cant understand that Neal - get it in the ILOC mag - people are always asking members

Sir Sidney Ruffdiamond I will try that approach, many thanks, It has been on the ILOC facebook page and Laverda's for sale section for sometime. I have fairly recently sold my Suzuki gs750' two Motomorini's a 350 and 500 and a 1961 series 2 lambretta all in similar condition to the sfc and the quickest sold in 4 hours and the longest took just under a week. The difference is if something is under £4k or just under £10k. in my opinion.

have had more enquiries, answered more questions, sent out more photos, had a couple of phone discussions. Have only advertised on here so far. No financial pressure to sell, it will find a new home eventually, meanwhile spring is almost here, will be happy to be back riding again soon. Saw folks chatting about my bike for sale on FaceBook recently, the right buyer will come along.

Sir Sidney Ruffdiamond I will try that approach, many thanks, It has been on the ILOC facebook page and Laverda's for sale section for sometime. I have fairly recently sold my Suzuki gs750' two Motomorini's a 350 and 500 and a 1961 series 2 lambretta all in similar condition to the sfc and the quickest sold in 4 hours and the longest took just under a week. The difference is if something is under £4k or just under £10k. in my opinion.
I missed the 350 Morini 😳I have also been successful on Car and Classic - sold my Trident and Harley pretty quickly for free

Sir Sid, same chap bought both Morini's and my 1943 Harley flat head I have had loads of people wanting to buy that but I don't want to sell that yet.

Attachments

• wlc45.jpg
    wlc45.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi Patrick

I had one of those 3 1/2 Morinis a long time ago. Owned it for about seven years before selling it on. From Calgary to get to the twisty roads is a long boring flat straight drive. Last few years of ownership I used to put the Morini on a trailer and trailer it to the twisty bits, unload and rip up and down for a few hours, then load back up on the trailer to go back home.....

I had one of those 3 1/2 Morinis a long time ago. Owned it for about seven years before selling it on. From Calgary to get to the twisty roads is a long boring flat straight drive. Last few years of ownership I used to put the Morini on a trailer and trailer it to the twisty bits, unload and rip up and down for a few hours, then load back up on the trailer to go back home.....
Lucky here in Adelaide where we have an 800+sq km region loosely described as The Adelaide Hills criss-crossed by literally thousands of kilometres of roads from freeways through to C roads, as well as lots of dirt connector roads that are great fun on dirt or dual purpose bikes. The dirt is rarely policed, so is the last bastion of freedom for many riders. I know a few riders who set their GPS to minimise the bitumen and have a ball on their rides.

I have a Garmin Zumo 396 that has an "Adventurous" mode for finding a route. It turns a boring 30-min trip on the pavement to a 3 hour dirt-filled blast... always fun with the right bike (not the 1200).
Me too, but is a pain in the arse when you haven’t used it in a long time and want to get somewhere quickly, but forget it is set on “Adventurous”

Back