Full Floater Bobbins / Flash Brakes

Jotaman

Hello Collective

I recently discovered that my brake bobbins on my ex Spondon full floaters are somewhat flogged, to that end am looking for an 'off the shelf' replacement set - call me ever hopeful.

These are C clip bobbin's whose dimensions are as follows:
Button diameter 19mm
Shaft Diameter 14mm
Land Depth (from the C clip groove) 7.5mm
Internal Height 12mm

I can post pic's if required, ideally a leed on a supplier whom may be versed in El Spondon brakes, many thanks in advance

Peter

Yesssss Mr Marty, I know that 😉, but our man Red is a very busy man, with many elements in front of him, ones that are attached to somewhat desperate owners that only he can resolve. So one should not be loading him up with what i am hoping are pissant 'off the shelf' bobbins. That said not off the shelf at metalgear, and it seems that the Mainlanders are no longer shipping to Aus - soooooo: anyone got any Bobbins 🧐

Peter

Otherwise, I seem to remember Carbone Lorraine making them and I believe that Ralph Allen at Motalia also has oversize bobbins.

Paul

I got mine through a French living Brit expat from France equipe, (thanks Craig) they are oversize, so the carrier and disc must be carefully bored to suit, not hard if yu have the kit and the knowledge to use it, but G clamp and black and decker will not work, as the worn parts will cause the error to become worse.
CLEM

I got mine through a French living Brit expat from France equipe, (thanks Craig) they are oversize, so the carrier and disc must be carefully bored to suit, not hard if yu have the kit and the knowledge to use it, but G clamp and black and decker will not work, as the worn parts will cause the error to become worse.
CLEM
That would be France Equipement Clem.

Paul

Back