ITALBRIT CLASSIC MOTORCYCLES -200mm headlamps.

LJ-2

Another supplier of hard to get bits in Aus 😎 pretty sure Mr Gaff has sourced a few containers full of good gear out of Europe....?
Says he has most things for 180 1000s and 1200s ,only 31 parts showing on website, but has a lot more still to put on, email him for full comprehensive parts list.

lavgert

... description says: 2) Rim and Reflector fit an original 200mm diameter shell. The original shell of the early 3C headlight is 220mm diameter.
So it looks like this is a replacement for the 180mm headlight of the later 3C and 3CL not for the early 3C.
Ciao, Gert

CLEMTOG

it says "as Laverda original"
the shell doesnt look deep enough or bucket enough to me, pattern replacement.?
those 200mm lamps are getting cheaper anyway, when they do appear as Gert will no doubt support, this is probably because the bikes themselves are worth less than a few years ago (actually I think the peak was 2010) and the market is satisfied in the main, still regret letting JF have my 35GBP find in 2000 for same as

CLEM

LJ-2

it says "as Laverda original"
the shell doesnt look deep enough or bucket enough to me, pattern replacement.?
those 200mm lamps are getting cheaper anyway, when they do appear as Gert will no doubt support, this is probably because the bikes themselves are worth less than a few years ago (actually I think the peak was 2010) and the market is satisfied in the main, still regret letting JF have my 35GBP find in 2000 for same as

CLEM
I know it isn t origianl Clem as it says.Cox was going to make some too..

sfcpiet

Administrator
Staff member
It isn't even the correct later 180mm item, wrong bowl/shell/whatever.

Early Ducati Monster and some later Beemer airheads had the same shell as Laverda, many /7 Beemers had a different shell but identical reflector and chrome ring.

Some seriously eye-watering prices on that web site!

piet

Laverda1000.de

I know this has been talked about before, but here is a 200mm lamp (in Bosch lingo, 200 mm is the light outlet diameter) as fitted to the drum brake triples, some Münchs and some 750 GTLs

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

sfcpiet

Administrator
Staff member
And here the 180 mm lamp fitted to most disk brake triples and late 750s

View attachment 57030View attachment 57031View attachment 57032View attachment 57033
Chris,

The 180mm headlamp was fitted to all triples, succeeding the 200mm unit up to the introduction of the RGS, finding its way back on the RGA. The only 750 model to get it was the GTL, I suspect the 200mm headlamp was only to be found in GTL sales/press brochures. After the plastic-chrome CEV of the SF1, the smaller 160mm Bosch unit from the 500 was fitted to the SF2 and 3.

The 180mm unit was a BIG seller for Bosch, fitted in various guises to gazillions of Beemer airheads and numerous Ducatis!

piet