Electrics

townsend846

Can anyone tell me what this little gizmo does? And can I remove it when I fit the dmc Witt system, it seams to be wired in to ignition pickups amongst other things and once again thank you for helping this newbie Laverda novice

Attachments

• ADD1B548-BC12-43DD-9D0B-FB9746F96FCD.jpeg
    ADD1B548-BC12-43DD-9D0B-FB9746F96FCD.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 9B3E82D6-D45C-4F36-9A4C-50485BA98132.jpeg
    9B3E82D6-D45C-4F36-9A4C-50485BA98132.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 37

Rob

It's the ignition kill switch relay. And to answer your question - yes. Would recommend you check out the factory wiring diagram for your bike in the library

townsend846

It's the ignition kill switch relay. And to answer your question - yes. Would recommend you check out the factory wiring diagram for your bike in the library
Have been looking all night but nothing with the same colours .mine is a 81 mirage with a 1977 jota motor so a bit of a bitsa

redax5

Administrator
Staff member
Have been looking all night but nothing with the same colours .mine is a 81 mirage with a 1977 jota motor so a bit of a bitsa
it is not an 81 Mirage, your frame is incorrect for that model
your headstock is set up for a HKZ system which would be correct for a 77 model
can tell by the ignition coil mounts in the head stock area

townsend846

it is not an 81 Mirage, your frame is incorrect for that model
your headstock is set up for a HKZ system which would be correct for a 77 model
can tell by the ignition coil mounts in the head stock area
Thanks red be really good to know what I’ve bought ,from motor number I’m told it’s a 77 and the number plate relates to an 81 the prev owner told me it started life as a mirage and a fella called klug owned it and he bought it off him will post pictures of frame number and maybe someone can tell me what I’ve actually got.

redax5

Administrator
Staff member
Engine number 5425 was produced in about mid 1977.
Frame is 1979 or later.
incorrect, frame is 1978 or earlier
no one is going to cut out the BTZ coil mounts as used from 79 and later and then weld in the single strap as used by the HKZ set up in the headstock area

it is feasible to believe that someone would go to the trouble of relocating the top shock mount which is what you are looking at