750 Replica for sale in Canada

Tony, I have not seen another Laverda on the the road in Manitoba for years. Enjoy them!
Thanks Henry. Yes not a lot of Laverdas on the roads in Winnipeg. I saw an orange SF one day when I was out for a ride last year but we were going in opposite directions so I couldn’t flag him down. There a few in town but definitely a rare site on the road. Maybe we could meet one day. I would love to see your bike. Tony.

Through all my years of riding I've never seen another SF on the roads of Northern Ontario other then mine - Seen a few triples pass through.

I did try to help a buddy with a basket case twin but it did not amount to much ! He had a beautiful Norton 750 Commando.

No doubt Women, Marriage and Kids intervened.

Good LUCK with your electronic Ignition Tony ;o( - SF's have a tendency to vibrate them to death. With the old point system you can do 8000+rpm and Fix It on the the side of the road with a screw driver, feeler gauges and your Wife's nail file.

Not saying I never carried an extra set Points and Condensers with me but never had to replaced them on the road.

Points can run for years without cleaning with minimal adjustment as long as the Distributor Cap is sealed and properly ventilated.
Don't throw my parts out you may need them - She came with that cracked fin on the head - Same head as used on the SFC - 13 fins if I recall ?

Last edited:
All I can say is "Good luck" with them after market electronic ignitions on them old bikes - That's your prerogative.

Be warned you will be stuck in the middle of nowhere broken down.

Tony you have reverted my SF0 back to everything I hated about the SF - But that's your choice as they where designed to do so ;o)

Just wait when you slide off the back of her and your balls get caught in that horrendous tale lamp.

Trust you like eating bugs and getting wet in the rain without a fairing. At approx 115 mph it's all you can do is hold on to her without being blown off. With that Rickman fairing you could tuck and sail well over 120 mph. She's is only 17 1/2" wide with fairing - One of the narrowest rides I've ever mounted.

The carrier can always be removed - The 70 SF0 Breganzie was born to race if you have the nerve, practice and skill.

Seems to me you made her into a poster card but you don't realize what your missing - That's your preoperative .

However; I did say in my Ad that she could easily be restored to original ;o)

Now for anyone buying Henry's SF (SFC Replica) - Take Note: I never claimed my ride was anything but a 70 SF0 and would not want a SFC for street and country riding and now she's no longer a Racer as you've put her pasture.

However; I did say in my Ad that she could easily be restored to original. Each to your own. The bike was built for it.

As said I only blab about SF's in this forum especially about a SF I bought new and owned and rode for over 45 years ;o)

Just take care of her Tony - You got a damn good bike there - Enjoy !

--------------------------------

By the way Tony; do not get rid of that George Evans sticker on the rear fender - It's proof of the origional dealer "Slim's" Bikes were I bought her from in Sudbury Ontario ;o)

Apart from Slim (The Dealer), me and you, you are basically the second owner of that bike.

Last edited:
I fail to see where the 'evidence' of the unreliability of electronic ignitions comes from. Modern digital ignitions offer a raft of improvements over points technology which dates from (I'm guessing) 100 years ago.

cheers,
bazzee

Haven't you noticed the thousands of stranded modern motos littering the roadsides of every country on the planet, Bazz???!!! ;):LOL:

And it's no big deal to fit a points backing plate in the middle of nowhere if you do end up in strife - Paul carries one with him everywhere and he runs his on points!!! Simple job to wire it into the coils and bypass the elec ignition if that's what you need to do.

Haven't you noticed the thousands of stranded modern motos littering the roadsides of every country on the planet, Bazz???!!! ;):LOL:

And it's no big deal to fit a points backing plate in the middle of nowhere if you do end up in strife - Paul carries one with him everywhere and he runs his on points!!! Simple job to wire it into the coils and bypass the elec ignition if that's what you need to do.
A points backing plate, advance unit, and the part that fits onto the oil pump drive, as well as a second coil if the electronic one uses one twin pole coil, as well as some electrical connectors, tools and a good working lamp as these things always happen when Murphy strikes at night in the rain in the middle of woop woop. Since the things like XT550 etc Yamahas, very few bikes seem to suffer ignition failures. Whatever Laverda you ride today, you are not going to find a regular bike workshop that has someone who can fix it, so we all have to learn it ourselves.

I drink diet Coke out of recycled bikes with injection.ABS/electronic ignition nearly every day.
Not too often because I've become fragile stomach wise.
When I'm touring, I carry a spare points plate and a spare coil. On bikes so equipped of course. Otherwise it's satellite, mobile phone and Visa card. Doesn't take up much space, apart from the satellite.

Paul

The anti-EI bit has been around from the first days of EI. And the same with disc brakes, FI and every other change. It's not the bit, its change its self, it's all the Devils work, ever this bloody Computer I am tapping this out on. It's fun being a grumpy old Bastard don't you know. Now get off my fucken Lawn.

Just a brief note about the original topic for Terry Sage, I imported a Commando from Canada just over 18 months ago. I have used Kingstown shipping about 8 times, usually from USA but this time from Canada. The seller was in Saskatoon but trailered the bike to nearest port Kingstown used, which was Vancouver. However they ship from Toronto too. They only do port to port plus all the NOVA paperwork, from US it's about £700, from Canada it was nearer £1000, but can't imagine getting the SFC rep shipped to Toronto would be too much. If it was a standard SF2 I'd actually be interested, but my 3CL already looks like that bike, you can see both bikes in the pic.

Attachments

• 8zaAXQbk (1).jpeg
    8zaAXQbk (1).jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 54
I drink diet Coke out of recycled bikes
Don’t tell me the French have fallen for that bullshit too?

Coke advertise here that their bottles are 80% recycled. It is true that 80% of their bottle are recycled. What they don’t tell you is the other 20% of the bottles go in the sea, or landfill.

Wavey Davey, thanks for the info. Shipio responded with a quote of £2000, they broke the quote down into collection, shipping, and paperwork.
of that £395 was collection and delivery to Toronto port, they also advised that the basic insurance was only £1.60/kilo should anything happen, so they advised me to look at extra insurance which obviously makes sense. All in all it was just to much money on top of the purchase price to proceed, which is a real shame cos i loved the look of the bike and it was a reasonable price imo

Wavey Davey, thanks for the info. Shipio responded with a quote of £2000, they broke the quote down into collection, shipping, and paperwork.
of that £395 was collection and delivery to Toronto port, they also advised that the basic insurance was only £1.60/kilo should anything happen, so they advised me to look at extra insurance which obviously makes sense. All in all it was just to much money on top of the purchase price to proceed, which is a real shame cos i loved the look of the bike and it was a reasonable price

Sounds like it would be cheaper for you to fly to Totonto, have a holiday , then fly the bike back with you on one of those passenger and bike things Canadians use to do when they want their bike in Europe for a holiday.

I loved the 69/72 750 Norton Commando - If I had one now - I may just start riding again.

The 850 Interstate ain't bad either - Just wish they had an electric start in my old age as I hate tickling Amals and kick starting them when the engine is peculating after a brisk ride ;o)

Old Norton's suffer Triumph mania.

---------------------------------

Ask me, considering all the bikes I've owned and ridden, why the last bike I rode was a 70 Breganzie 750 SF ??????????? - She's a Devil ;o)

Gotta say the most hypnotic, scary and most demanding yet fast enough motorcycle I've ever mounted and my favorite considering I kept her to the end above all others.

Like really: A 70 750 that can pass 3 75 Yamaha 1100's in the 1st corner at over 100+ mph. You are her Slave and she would sooner all over when parked !

Last edited:
Back