750 Replica for sale in Canada

Nothing like starting up a 70 Breganzie SF0 with them open mouth Delertto's, spewing a gas vapor and when you twist the throttle she dances on the center stand. You know your in for a ride ;o)

I could not come close to what Harley could do in Bad Weather. But if the sun was shinning with no clouds in the sky that 1300cc Harley didn't stand a chance Vs my 750cc Breganzie.

One of my favorites rides was a 76 Harley 850 AMF Sporster - Great predicable Torque and Handling for City Riding but did not have the Hi-End of my 70 750 SF0. The Harley AMF Shovel had a rather precarious issue with cam Vs Valve adjustment and it's chain compensator was shit !

There are aftermarket Harley remedies for the Harley Shovel - Really a great hands on ride for anyone interested - Considering the Harley Shovel has more Nuts and Bolts then the average Breganzie enthusiasts can handle ;o)

This Youtube video may really scare you to death to stay away from the Harley AMF Shovel - But I really liked the Shovel Sporster back in the 70's - She's a true long stroke Hemi design:

A Canadian thread selling his Breganzie deserves to be Hi-Jacked in an Aussie Forum ;o)

And there's nothing that sounds like a Harley Shovel.

-------------------------

I'm all for advertising you selling your 750 SF, SFC Replica; Henry, but you may regret selling her as the buyer may turn her into a Post Card Original ;o(

The Breganzie 750 SF was designed to be modified. That's what makes her unique.

Hell ! Even Evil Kenevil jumped a modified American Eagle Breganzie 750 SF which almost killed him - I think he preferred Nortons.Evil on a 750 SF.jpg
Lousy photo but the best I could up with - Considering.

Get my love for the Breganzie 750 SF. Probably the 1st and last bike to be specifically offered to the public designed to be modified ;o)

Granted the Breganzie Factory SFC (Modified SF) came with a needle bearing crankshaft and a longer duration cam for Hi-Speed and endurance - Really nothing else changed that you could not do yourself just by buying an SF.

I talking the days pre the 73 Jota Triple. Did I regret buying my SFO so early - Defiantly NOT as I bought a Suzuki 1100 GSXR in 84 for 1/2 the price of a Breganzie triple that would dance more then Triple time.

The Breganzie 750 Big Twin has to be one of the best twins ever made although copied from the Honda 350 Hawk - Wonder how that patent worked. Suppose to days BMW's 800F Vertical Twin bests it.

Still would have loved to get my hands on a Guzzi 850 Lemans a very elusive moped for me - Don't egg me Legs ;o)

Last edited:
Just a brief note about the original topic for Terry Sage, I imported a Commando from Canada just over 18 months ago. I have used Kingstown shipping about 8 times, usually from USA but this time from Canada. The seller was in Saskatoon but trailered the bike to nearest port Kingstown used, which was Vancouver. However they ship from Toronto too. They only do port to port plus all the NOVA paperwork, from US it's about £700, from Canada it was nearer £1000, but can't imagine getting the SFC rep shipped to Toronto would be too much. If it was a standard SF2 I'd actually be interested, but my 3CL already looks like that bike, you can see both bikes in the pic.
Did you buy your Norton in New Brunswick? It looks a lot like the 73 850 Commando I looked at before buying my SFC. Beautiful stable, sir! 👊😎

Gerald: Go F&@k you - Apparently you do not know how to tune a Breganzie 750SF.

A well tuned Breganzie 750SF will dance on the center stand when turning the throttle - So will a Norton or a Ducati Twin of that Era - So There - If they had a center stand ;o)

Last edited:
One thing I most certainly don't have is the skill to turn a nice 750 into an asthetically unpleasing P.O.S.....

• Haha
Reactions: T.C
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes Ron it is your SF and it’s in Winnipeg! Good eye Andy it does have a UK plate on it. I took it off my 79 Jota which I purchased and had shipped from the uk a few years ago. I thought the plate looked cool so I mounted it on the SF when It was sitting in my Living room this winter.
I also did a full restoration on the Jota which turned out to be a long and somewhat painful process but cemented my affinity for Laverdas.
Beautiful bikes, Tony! It must be a real joy to ride them! Not too many Laverdas in the Maritimes, or I'd be tempted to look for another one after my SFC is back in one piece again, they are beautiful machines!

I also see your Honda in the background. I had a VF1000R for well over 10 years as well. Nice, but heavy!

Did you buy your Norton in New Brunswick? It looks a lot like the 73 850 Commando I looked at before buying my SFC. Beautiful stable, sir! 👊😎
Thank you Franco, no I bought it off an engineer in Saskatoon who did a well documented rebuild on it on the Access Norton forum. I added the roadster tin ware and have the original interstate tank ready for longer trips 👍

Rode a friend's 73 Norton 850 Norton Intersate - Fast enough but rattled and vibrated like shit before reaching her peak - Great for a 2 Up Touring ride in my opinion but back then the BMW 750S Shaft drive was just as fast and much smoother.

Never did get hands on 850 Guzzi LeMans ;o(

Last edited:
Crete: Where's the front balance tube for that DGM exhaust system - Bet you had to use a washer in the exhaust ports to install them small pipes as I had ported the exhaust manifold to use a larger pipe ;o)

Sorry I can't say I like what you did with her - Making a racer into a postage stamp ;o(

She's yours now - Keep her alive my friend ;o)

Last edited:
Gerald: Go F&@k you - Apparently you do not know how to tune a Breganzie 750SF.

A well tuned Breganzie 750SF will dance on the center stand when turning the throttle - So will a Norton or a Ducati Twin of that Era - So There - If they had a center stand ;o)
Dear Doctor
When I start up and blip the throttle on one of my F500s in particular it rocks from side to side so much I think it will fall off the side stand. Is this a bad sign?🤔
P.S. I think someone has removed the balance shaft...

Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes Ron it is your SF and it’s in Winnipeg! Good eye Andy it does have a UK plate on it. I took it off my 79 Jota which I purchased and had shipped from the uk a few years ago. I thought the plate looked cool so I mounted it on the SF when It was sitting in my Living room this winter.
I also did a full restoration on the Jota which turned out to be a long and somewhat painful process but cemented my affinity for Laverdas.
Which one will you be bringing to Nakusp in May?

Jim

Back