Marzocchi 1200

michipons

I am looking for a pair of shock absorbers for my 1200cl ‘78.
I would like to restore a pair of Marzocchi Strada, i think they should be 360/365mm?
I have now the cortecosso but they are totally useless😕
Any ideas/options/offers?
Regards,
Miguel

Well… but the marzocchis can be rebuild at least! I know they are not the best, but they look cool and for the use i give them they last enough
Miguel
Fair enough, Miguel - I'm just anti because I've felt how much better good shocks can be when you swap straight from Marzos to virtually any other shock.

I rode the RGS with the Marzos for more than 20 years 40.000 km, found them OK and didn’t really feel the need to upgrade them. To be honest I’m not really enthusiastic about the Marzocchi forks either. This leaving the bike stock may have to with what I used the bike for the most, motorways. It always was dead stable, also in high soeed corners which is credit to the better chassis of the RGS. Only a few months ago I fitted a pair of Konis which I had laying on the shelf for the same 20 years! 😀 They definitely are an improvement, but wouldn’t shed a tear when reverting to the Marzocchis. The RGS still is a heavy lump, but it brings a smile on my face every time I ride it.

Marnix

I went from Marzocchis to Konis 30 years ago on the Jota. roughly 15 years ago, I changed to YSS. Both changes were massive improvements...

almost the Same on the 1000 SFC: from Marzocchi gold to Koni (which were shorter and did not improve handling, but improved the rear much; that said, the Marzocchis were leaking...). Later I swaped the Konis for Wilbers from a Z1300 I think. What a difference...

In my area, there are tons of curves, up and down, pumpy roads etc. etc., so good shocks are really a must have. The tricky part is to get them set up the way they should work for your weight and way of driving.

I found the original marzocchis “adequate” but tended to wallow in uneven corners, unless the preload was wound up uncomfortably hard. Luckily they started leaking so I had an excuse to change to nitrons 👍 which were better from day one. Since then, experiments with the adjustments have just kept making them better.
I think I’ve nearly got them perfect but I’ll need a bit more road time to be certain 😁😁😁

My 1985 Ducati MHR came with Marzocchi Stradas as original fitment, and I still have them. Although for the last 10 years I've kept them in a box rather than on the bike. I put a pair of YSS units on the bike. Massive improvement to roadholding and comfort.

I am looking for a pair of shock absorbers for my 1200cl ‘78.
I would like to restore a pair of Marzocchi Strada, i think they should be 360/365mm?
I have now the cortecosso but they are totally useless😕
Any ideas/options/offers?
Regards,
Miguel
For sale:

Marzocchi Laverda.jpg

Back