Refill Oil Capacity 180° Triple

Only up to a point. Annealing doesn't un-crush them.
High-temp silicone also works.
Mine are also crushed, but the exhaust clamp studs are too short (perfect really) for the loss of depth putting the pipes on / in (are they seated ok?) and a common-sense smear of goo works wonders.
Ahhh ... access to modern materials science.

if I don’t replace them one of the exhausts will show a valve guide oil leakage - I should say this is just my opinion 😀
Agree with that. I thought everyone when draining the engine oil removed the crankcase drain plug and the primary chain adjuster bolt, how else are you going to get 3 liters:cool: out without leaning the bike way over and waiting an hour

Last edited:
Agree with that. I thought everyone when draining the engine oil removed the crankcase drain plug and the primary chain adjuster bolt, how else are you going to get 3 liters:cool: out without leaning the bike way over and waiting an hour
That's the value of this Forum, right there.
The 'Operation and Maintenance' handbook, that came with the bike, doesn't mention the Primary Chain Adjuster Bolt. So, on first oil change, I banged in three litres and then had to syphon some out.
Hence the original post.
Every day's a school day.

the copper sealing rings are cheap as chips if you know where to buy them and are happy to buy 50 at a time, which is what I do, but I have an understanding that those that are in business to make a living have to charge a lot for items which they will have on a shelf for a long period,

e.g. would you want to shell out GBP10,000 for a batch of pistons and have to wait two or three years before you have crossed the threshold from cost to making profit? that's a lot of toed up capital investment.
CLEM

Back