round 3 australian bears

Front end patter has often been the bane of my racing life but glad to say it hasn’t been an issue for me recently. Hopefully you will have the same good fortune for the races.
Hi Andy
Matt is thinking now that it is not front end patter he is feeling but the difference in engine vibrations he feels between the two bikes
No 2's engine is smoother then the Mule's which is not surprising to me as I changed piston design on the Mule after the crank was balanced and did not rebalance the crank
We did some front end suspension changes yesterday and finally went back to original setting, he can feel the front slide in a couple of corners but says is no issue. Back wheel is spinning up and sliding all over the place, plus he is backing it in to the hairpin

Today we have 10 min practice where we will use 2nd bike and then qualifying and one race which the Mule will do
Great meeting so far

Has he asked you for a slipper clutch yet ? Without one, backing a big-engined bike in is a clutch juggling exercise.
It'd be legal in BEARS - but not in Post Classics, at least here anyway.

Has he asked you for a slipper clutch yet ? Without one, backing a big-engined bike in is a clutch juggling exercise.
It'd be legal in BEARS - but not in Post Classics, at least here anyway.
Yep, been looking at slipper clutches for ages but always seems something else to spend money on
These last suspension changes for both bikes cost over $5,000
Never ending outlay as you know

Live timing should come up around noon on the Speedhive website
Here is the link if anyone is having trouble finding it though if a Luddite like mwa can find it then not sure i need to add this but well here ya go

Reactions: Jo
The live timing shows what is obviously today as 'yesterday'. Waiting for Matty's final qualifying time. What's the Beemer you've got up there? Last time I saw Matt at Broady he was racing an 1198 Duck.

The live timing shows what is obviously today as 'yesterday'. Waiting for Matty's final qualifying time. What's the Beemer you've got up there? Last time I saw Matt at Broady he was racing an
The live timing shows what is obviously today as 'yesterday'. Waiting for Matty's final qualifying time. What's the Beemer you've got up there? Last time I saw Matt at Broady he was racing an 1198 Duck.
Matt's last Ducati was a Final Edition 1299, not a 1198

We had an issue in qualifying and did not set a time
On/off switch fused itself together and could not start the bike

Did not really matter though

Started last on the grid, Matt went through the field and came 1st outright
Was 1st across the line start of lap 2, did not take him long

New lap record at 1min 15.78secs
3 races left, 2 on Saturday and final race Sunday morning

His BMW is a brand new 2021 model S1000 RR
Really likes it, not done much race prep to it yet, only picked it up 2 weeks ago
Will get it going better by PI

One of my contacts was in the IOM last time it ran and watched the BMW problems up close. Then ran Hickman here in the Suzuki series on one.
I was getting emails from him in the IOM about the head gasket problems and why they couldn't do anything about them. We agreed if it was up to us we'd have replaced the OE head bolts with something from ARP and to hell with BMW's "no opening of the engines" policy.
You won't have a problem on short circuits IMO. It was the length of time on WOT in the IOM plus the bumps that overstressed the head bolts. I'd hope the latest ones have had it sorted. They are a weapon - but hard for the teams used to jap bikes to adapt to.

SO even starting from the back of the grid Matt has almost LAPPED 2nd place in his class! 2nd place was 1:13 behind at race end and 8 sec slower fastest lap. That's pretty wild. What's Rick Fitzimmons on now? Shows him in a different class (Bears F1). On his o lonesome there too.

Matty's lap times on the BM are top three - a bit of fiddling and tweaking and getting used to the bike should see a rise through the ranks tomoz and Sunday. Nice to know he doesn't have to break the Mule to bring home the trophy.

What happened to the 1299? Traded in on the Beemer?

(they all look the same to me, Red - 1098 ...1198 ... 1199 ... 1296-7-8-9 - can't keep up with 'em!!)

Is there a start list that shows who's riding what?

When you click on Results by Class you get a different set of results, with Rick Fitzimmons in F1??? That's why I'm confused. They mix classes i within one race. Would maybe be easier if the class was included as one of the columns.

When you click on Results by Class you get a different set of results, with Rick Fitzimmons in F1??? That's why I'm confused. They mix classes i within one race. Would maybe be easier if the class was included as one of the columns.
Both Matt and Fitzy running in 2 classes, F1 and F4
F1 and F2 run in one race together, F3, F4 and F5 run together in another race
Think officials may be getting some results mixed up maybe

Matt also running the BMW in the TTC1 race which is the feature race this weekend, was last race of the day yesterday and he was running 2nd before he got real bad arm pump and pulled in with 2 laps to go
Best time was a 1min 10.7secs
He has certainly put in some laps this week running both bikes and 3 classes

Best bit though he is really starting to gel with the Laverda's, tells me they are an absolute hoot to ride, his words
He can not wait to take them around Phillip Island

Back