3 into 1 exhaust jota

Hi Lars, not easy to find a 3-1 these days, but I have some 3-1 downpipes and megaphones in my workshop. If you know someone who can weld and if you don't shy away from a few adjustments. Ciao, Gert

Hi Lars, not easy to find a 3-1 these days, but I have some 3-1 downpipes and megaphones in my workshop. If you know someone who can weld and if you don't shy away from a few adjustments. Ciao, Gert
Thanks Gert, if i dont find any complete i will contact you
Regards Lars

Do you mean the original "megaphone" exhaust or something more road-usable, please? For the original: see Gert's comments. For the later: Red in Australia builds some nice ones.

Best though is to find a local exhaust builder and get one custom made. won't be more expensive (considering freight and customs/taxes from Australia) and it comes as you want it to be. The one on my 1000 SFC was made by sr-racing in Germany. Great quality and great power/torque output.

Do you mean the original "megaphone" exhaust or something more road-usable, please? For the original: see Gert's comments. For the later: Red in Australia builds some nice ones.

Best though is to find a local exhaust builder and get one custom made. won't be more expensive (considering freight and customs/taxes from Australia) and it comes as you want it to be. The one on my 1000 SFC was made by sr-racing in Germany. Great quality and great power/torque output.
I'd be going with that, Lothar - yours sounds like a well designed and built system.

I have two three into one systems available, both are tatty and need some repairs, one is believed to be a factory item.
CLEM

I have two three into one systems available, both are tatty and need some repairs, one is believed to be a factory item.
CLEM
Hi Clem, i have find a collector here in Sweden. It needs some velding repairs so i can fix it by myself.

Greetings
Lars

If you just need a system to get the exhaust gases from the front of the engine to the back of the bike, any old system will do that OK.
But if you want performance, it will need to be tuned to your bike.

I've done a bit of research in this area and tried to get my head around exhaust system design. I learned that optimum exhaust header length is dependent on cylinder phasing (180° or 120°), cylinder volume, revs at which you want the power peak to come in, valve sizes, valve timing, and a few other parameters. Then you have to consider header diameter, collector size and length, muffler or megaphome type and design. It all gets too complicated to work out mathematically. So most performance exhausts are designed by trial and error, mostly error.

What I'm trying to say is that the random 2nd hand 3-1 system you've bought may not be optimum for the performance of your particular engine. It's much more likely that it won't work as well as the factory exhaust.

You may be OK with slightly reduced engine performance if you're just riding around on the street at legal speeds, but keep an eye on fuel mixtures. If it runs lean you could do some damage to the engine. You might need to re-jet the carbs.

3-1 systems can be made to work quite well on a 180° Laverda engine, as Red's race bikes clearly demonstrate. But I think it took his exhaust bloke a few iterations and a bunch of dyno runs until they developed a system that did what they wanted it to do.

Back