Non Laverda Out n About.

It seems my GS BM is my go to ride these days as it's so easy to ride and comfortable at the speed limit. Also the dirt options i have starting from my back driveway.
actually just fired up the Motodd, it started after sitting idle for 3 months. It's crying out for a good thrashing. It's been raining for months so next sunny day I'll give it a run on my test track

Yesterday I travelled further than 5km from home, first time in months. Went with my mate Phil to Woronora Dam, thinking it would be scenic. Got to the picnic area, to discover the gates to the public viewing area were closed. Couldn't see the dam or the lake, so parked in the picnic area for a brief stop.
fb1Az-5m6-flAg3jkLI0JHHH34F2H_wN-j5jLO93bzrUacEEQpXYksz-p3tfbRGOtib3BuLb2Cmk16KMpjcx4--xbKA9Wd7y7rwbQLrPrMH0sv3L1SnJa-LpEEPXjZtWuqBE5twu_BpQTN6Su_scCjKY51VWH0Phn_r4iMt21r9vEJgZi5_oHAlr_fj3cRcD0ehaBHQwtdTjikpJDMmmGX8P8cRXaT3o_jynAu_xH2C2GAP_ivezsGGnDO570cWOeWkEjWE-pOyz8Wk5X0s8x2C7sUOnIAG0IZ9RNPjBh5Ihzzxt0ApZFrsOUyB8Ep1_9K3NC2sVValszQAv5LReiAoUNfyI3fjuICqSPrtSs-PF1K9_bJZAd_57BGNjjIKtCfBbsqij6oJWjDZJbrrlkze9H32fdnrt0VSTFzqAja8qyRtUobOds0l0qeZBheRdfCb-ISHhP_Fij6GnclvixgJDKYpXJ3BQYbH6MaCMRZdDBUhCjVMunA4L1vACP8Wy3gcJ3gTaPkI-ZGyW-HOT-j29ZHQcCSCwRgtGqIBe0ToxE30Ew-n_O7DLVG2jlxpyciV33CtjAZs2WOxREUBLDz3TJ89m8l_pnOf4YZLjI0IfIov47IE_RYRIL2Tb6Rf6v0GHQ35DBYbKrgc_C0L45d_mnN0d2Y3oIhu1CQAPIJlU3xTkpKyDBIjQjsjtg2MEu1FBd4bpArufw4ZnpYIrVRSf=w1268-h951-no

So the next stop was to be Cataract Dam, hopefully better viewing, but 10 k's down the road, just before Darke's Forest, Phil's R100 blew a puff of smoke and decided it was a bit too tired to do much more. Made it back to Helensburgh for a bite for lunch and then returned to our respective sheds. Not quite what we expected or hoped for, but it was a great release from lockdown.

The BMW is now in line for a top-end refurbish, will probably end up running better than it ever has.

Cheers,
bazzee

The next club run is a beauty, very picturesque deep fern infested valley with a goramy cookery. You can catch a Copper ride home as well, not an ambulance one.

When are we going to meet you on a club run bazzee? Club meeting is wednesday night 27th, next club run is sunday 31st, snowy shakedown run.
Weekends are spoken for. Wednesday is almost a possibility but I have an important zoom meeting to attend...sounds like a copout i know but being (an inner city) green isn't easy y'know...

I will pencil in the November meeting...24th? And hope for the planets to align. other events may gazump this, i'm expecting to have to go to Victoria at short notice once the border reopens.

cheers,

bazzee

Fun trip! Where was the 3C??? :cool:

And the rear hub on those BMs look bloody fragile to me ... didn't someone on here have a Beemer rear hub disintegrate on them in outback South Oz?

A mate needed rescuing from Murarundi when on his GS BMW, he was jumping water bars. There are dirt mounds across steep fire trails to stop erosion. He had managed to snap both its drive shaft and swingarm. I guess he found its limits. Expensive fix

Yea I rode all around that area when touring the states on my old SF2. Coming from Oz where our expanses are so much different to the canyon lands. I took a helicopter ride into the Grand Canyon and that was unreal. Fantastic motorcycling.

Great trip, Wayne. Which company did you rent from? One way rental?
Nothing can really prepare you for the grandness of that canyon until you experience it for yourself.
We all rented from Eagle Rider, 4-1200 Teneres, 1-700 Tenere, 5-GS1200. Most bikes were like new, my GS had 57,000 miles on the clock.

I flew in and out of Phoenix from NJ, with pick-up & drop off in Mesa, AZ.
4 of us from NJ, 4 from Florida, 1 from Philly, 1 from Indiana.

I have about 10 hours of helmet cam videos to sort thru yet.

Actually one of the highlights of the Grand Canyon for me was running into and getting to hangout with ex-US Pro Moto-crosser Doug Henry for awhile.
IMG_2062.JPG
More scenery...
IMG_2175[1].JPG

Mexicans?? Thought we closed the border to them or are they local mexicans!!!
How's the jota going? Ride it much these days?
The Mexican Cabal are a secretive organisation and as I understand, the ride is all about the destination. Probably because they cbf'd actually organising anything. They poke their sombreros up occasionally. Biggest interstate club trophy at the 2011 Ragged Fringe. Bagged most of the othes there as well.

Back