EGLI Laverda 750

CLEMTOG

I wonder if this is the Egli that was stolen from Andrew Gallitzine, a Brit expat working at that time in Germany, the bike was stolen from an underground carpark, the twin fuewl cpas, and strange arrange,ment for fixing the top of the motor to the chasssis (it looks very low, normally the head is right under the spine) are ringng bells.

Mine is not for sale as yet Jessie! but Corsa still available
CLEM

MarnixSFC

Andrew’s was a Binnion, this is a Swiss Egli, but a recent build which is very different from the old ones. Geometry is much more modern, which could be great, but it gives the bike quite different proportions.

Marnix

Attachments

• 3E6FBDB8-7930-4080-82BB-53714C5A628E.png
    3E6FBDB8-7930-4080-82BB-53714C5A628E.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 76

v2ventiler

Well gents, thanks for your appreciated comments. Here on the continent we prefer honest and fair trades (Clem) the bike is not stolen or part of a criminal sale. Funny as this problem always has an English taste.
You are also invited to make an offer instead of making fun about the price (Paul- you should know the best). Maybe there is a super opportunity to make a catch.
But if one do not inquire for a better price and informations it is all fantasy.
So, now as it is obvious where to adress to get more informations you are all cordially invited to ask.
Cheers
Michael

PS: for some extra k€ you can get an old Egli-Vincent tank and an old racing seat- i will do my very best to satisfy the future customer

Paul Marx

Well gents, thanks for your appreciated comments. Here on the continent we prefer honest and fair trades (Clem) the bike is not stolen or part of a criminal sale. Funny as this problem always has an English taste.
You are also invited to make an offer instead of making fun about the price (Paul- you should know the best). Maybe there is a super opportunity to make a catch.
But if one do not inquire for a better price and informations it is all fantasy.
So, now as it is obvious where to adress to get more informations you are all cordially invited to ask.
Cheers
Michael

PS: for some extra k€ you can get an old Egli-Vincent tank and an old racing seat- i will do my very best to satisfy the future customer
You're obviously right Michael. The price is the money it changes hands for.

Paul

Paul Marx

I wonder if this is the Egli that was stolen from Andrew Gallitzine, a Brit expat working at that time in Germany, the bike was stolen from an underground carpark, the twin fuewl cpas, and strange arrange,ment for fixing the top of the motor to the chasssis (it looks very low, normally the head is right under the spine) are ringng bells.

Mine is not for sale as yet Jessie! but Corsa still available
CLEM
I bumped in to Andrew Galitzine a couple of years back on Facebook Clem. We realised that we lived only a few doors apart in the 60s. His mother ran the French bookshop in South Kensington.
He still rides a Laverda from what I remember.

Paul

motoddrob

Andy was a good mate of mine when I was in the UK. He brought that Egli/Binnion750 from a ozzie mate of mine.
He is a fantastic artist and I loved his work. Last spoke with him just after the 750 was stolen. Then heard from mutual friends he got it back.,
If anyone has a contact for him I'd like to get in touch with him again. I'll google him to see if he's out there, actually he was always out there!!!

Andy J

I’d be interested in his contact details too as its years since we were in touch. He used to borrow my trailer to carry his larger paintings around in.

Paul Marx

I’d be interested in his contact details too as its years since we were in touch. He used to borrow my trailer to carry his larger paintings around in.
He was on Facebook, apparently not anymore.
Living in Berlin if I remember correctly.

Paul

Last edited: