Montjuic generator puller size.

TonyP

Hi All.
Can somebody tell me what size the thread is in the generator I need to buy a puller.
Many thanks Tony

That's brilliant many thanks
I think we have an issue and I believe it has been discussed on the forum regarding Montjuic factory ignition timing marks it appears at cranking speed the engine is fireing at TDC. I understand that the timing should be done at 3000rpm. But you obviously have to start the engine to get there, but if its fireing at TDC how does it start. I cannot find anything regarding initial static timing. Do you have any words of wisdom that might help please.
Regards Tony.

I think we have an issue and I believe it has been discussed on the forum regarding Montjuic factory ignition timing marks it appears at cranking speed the engine is fireing at TDC. I understand that the timing should be done at 3000rpm. But you obviously have to start the engine to get there, but if its fireing at TDC how does it start. I cannot find anything regarding initial static timing. Do you have any words of wisdom that might help please.
Regards Tony.
Check the marks before all.

Paul

Image of pickup ang timing marks

Attachments

• 20221002_110057.jpg
    20221002_110057.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20221002_110019.jpg
    20221002_110019.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
Regards Tony.
Not quite sure of the problem, but an engine should start and run firing at TDC. Then you can check how it is with a strobe light it at higher revs.

Paul.
The marks seem to corespond to the crank positions but the pickup rotor is directly over the pickup at TDC as per the pictures posted.
Tony
I didn't see the pics, but that's not very precise. Check marks against true TDC, then strobe the ignition.
As Tippie said, the engine should fire around TDC.

Paul

Hi Tony, I was looking at this bike yesterday ( I've known Neil for 17 years) and you've made a very nice job of putting it together.

Back