Bikers Classics Spa

Rob

I see the cost this year is €555. Seems an extraordinary increase over previous years. That and the format change - not to mention transport costs and post Brexit travel hassle - means I'll not bother. Shame - fabulous circuit.

Been as a spectator three times to the classic and really enjoyed it. Looking at the web site the classic seems to have been amalgamated into a larger event. I wonder if you will still be able to walk around the pit area and get up close to the bikes. It will be a shame if not.
As an alternative the Moto Legends event near Dijon is excellent.

Hi.

I myself have participated 13 times, in my Laverda races, regarding the price, a track day costs about the same as the Bikers Classic, what is much worse is that you have a distant 4 hour Endurance in the evening, plus many of them with stalls, will be gone because now we only get 2 driving days, I can only say that it is going downhill for: DG sport

Br Peder

I see the cost this year is €555. Seems an extraordinary increase over previous years. That and the format change - not to mention transport costs and post Brexit travel hassle - means I'll not bother. Shame - fabulous circuit.
Yes it is extraordinary at cost- but also at fun, most beautiful track in the world and the best Laverda bunch one can find. So, will see you again and share a great weekend? Still 8 month to save money😊
Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• 01_IMG_3187.jpg
    01_IMG_3187.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 03_IMG_3189.jpg
    03_IMG_3189.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 43
Hi.

I myself have participated 13 times, in my Laverda races, regarding the price, a track day costs about the same as the Bikers Classic, what is much worse is that you have a distant 4 hour Endurance in the evening, plus many of them with stalls, will be gone because now we only get 2 driving days, I can only say that it is going downhill for: DG sport

Br Peder
A track day is around €100 here.

Paul

DG Sport and No Limits Track days at Le Mans could be an alternative. Still expensive at €465 but cheaper than Spa. 102db limit though.

DG Sport and No Limits Track days at Le Mans could be an alternative. Still expensive at €465 but cheaper than Spa. 102db limit though.
We went to visit the Bugatti track this summer whilst touring.
A lot of British registered bikes on the track.

DG Sport again. A Belgian concern organising outings for the British on a French track.
A small world.

Paul

A full weekend of training here this coming May is €320, but for race licence holders. A race meeting is about €250 which is around 50% up on pre covid.

Cookstown 100 road races have a maximum entry fee of £280/330 euros. Pre-TT Classic, £310 for three races.
If you obtain an entry for the full TT you pay nothing as the promoter pays the entry fees!

We went to visit the Bugatti track this summer whilst touring.
A lot of British registered bikes on the track.

DG Sport again. A Belgian concern organising outings for the British on a French track.
A small world.

Paul
Mallory Bike Bonanza (replaces FoTB?) looks like a good event. July15-16th

I've thoroughly enjoyed all my outings at Spa.

I've been fortunate enough to ride a good few european tracks, Spa is a very special place/track. Only very few tracks exude that special aura as being "hallowed ground" (Anthony Hopkins in "the Worlds Fastest Indian"), Spa is one of them. Although I didn't ride there, Daytona is another. You get a warm, fuzzy sensation as you walk up to the gate/drive through the paddock tunnel!

On top of that, Spa is an absolute hoot to ride! Track condition is A1+, the infrastructure is OK and paddock atmosphere is great (at least since the old paddock dunnies have been renewed/replaced!). The sensation barrelling down the hill only inches from the pit wall into Eau Rouge und up into Radillion is second to none, one of the most exciting pieces of track anywhere. Reckon Laguna Secas' Corkscrew would be similar.

Unfortunately, the Bikers Classics events have always been quite pricey. Track rent alone is sky-high, in 2012 DG disclosed it to be something like €180.000 for the 3-day event iIrc, quite sure to be considerably more today. VIP guests don't come for peanuts either, guess Ago & Co. always pocketed a healthy wad of cash for their showing. Don't think DG would earn very much through Bikers Classics. Sure, they won't be in the red, but I doubt the organizers break out the champagne to celebrate their earnings.

piet

BC%20(3350).jpgBC09_4476.jpg

But it's in the UK which puts it out of reach of many because of cost and "administrative" formalities.

Paul
Not that bad is it Paul ? When I go in the opposite direction to say Moto Legends at Dijon I pay for the tunnel with Tesco points and dodge the motorway toll on the way down. Not sure about administrative issues but having your passport stamped is not too painful. Is it very different coming the other way ?

Not that bad is it Paul ? When I go in the opposite direction to say Moto Legends at Dijon I pay for the tunnel with Tesco points and dodge the motorway toll on the way down. Not sure about administrative issues but having your passport stamped is not too painful. Is it very different coming the other way ?
Yes, I need a passport.
I can go to Morocco without one, not to mention all the neighbouring countries including Switzerland. I hop over into Belgium regularly, 15 km from home, notably to buy petrol, it's cheaper than here. Only the vehicle license plates tell you that you've changed country.
Yet, to go 100 km from home over the Channel, I need a passport.
The cost of crossing the Channel is exorbitant as is the cost of living in the UK, the value of the pound is inflated by speculation and were I inadvertently to wander into ULEZ or whatever you call it, it would cost me my months pension. A friend who crosses regularly to buy British bike parts got stung for £2500 for two incursions.

Apart from that, the tea is great.

Paul

Back