The Perfect Corner Series

Lothar

Midnight Oil doing "The Real Thing"?!!! I have to wonder when a song performed by an Australian Member of Parliament and cabinet minister (alright, an ex-MP, but he was one once) can be banned as salacious! It's a weird world....

Ken

Ed,

Greed has reached YouTube as well! copyright issues are used to make sure that only certain countries see a posting. Proxy servers should be googled!!! 

Ken he still is a cabinet minister,Minister for the Environment,poor buggar has to be MUCH more circumspect with what he does now,BTW he has a Law Degree as well as some nuts dance moves,Will and I will be making the pilgrimage in 2 weeks, with 3 Laverda Sydney motors,looking forward to it

Cam

I actually heard Russell Morris' version played on Saturday morning National Public Radio (sort of like the ABC in some ways) here ... oh, sometime last year. After over 30 years, I heard the first bar of the introduction and just about freaked (much to my son's consternation). The announcer had clearly never heard of the song or the singer, so I looked it up and discovered that "The Real Thing" had actually been moderately successful commercially in the US. Unfortunately Russell Morris discovered that to be paid for performing here meant that he had to have a Green card (work permit), and he didn't have one. Or apparently anyone to advise him what to do to get one. So his international career kind of died at that point.

And I hadn't heard the Midnight Oil version before either, some of the words appear to be different from the 70's Russell Morris version.

Ken

Cam

written by Johnny Young 1969( who clearly ran out of ideas half way thru the song) but whats the fuss about ?

Shaun

Lothar (and anyone else who can't view the video)

I saved the video as a file, I can send it to you if you like, although its way too big to attach here. Just PM me with your personal address and I'lll forward it.

Ken

Lothar,

I just watched the clip using Firefox and it ran fine on the Metacafe link.

HTH
Gerald

Crispin & CJ:

I was wondering if you guys had given any thought about putting all the Perfect corner footage on DVD
or blueray?

David

Forget the lads Crispin, and the Video.. just build away and we'll come see it in the flesh at Easter.. good luck with the project mate..

Ian

XBCoupeJota said:
CJ new favourite episode, basically if this one doesn't make you feel like getting out on your Lav and "makin d noise" then your either snowed in or comatose  :shocked:

Ferlip!! You okes must get a lot of snow in the winter to need all those markers on the side of the road - just like here in the Black Forest!

Henry

Back