3c parts needed

Rob Stone

Hello dudes,

Friend of mines just bought a 1974 3c, it`s in good nick but far from original and the fella he bought it from was disabled and he`d got a

special brake arangement with the back brake being operated by a handlever, he must have had a special agreement with his tester

coz our mot bloke won`t pass it, so i`m helping him with it and we need a few bits to get it on the road, we need a pair of front

footrests a gear lever and a back brake lever, this would get it mot`d, theirs loads of other things he`s needing but they`re all

cosmetic, any offers would be welcome,
                                                    also i`m in the UK
                                                                                  Cheers Rob

Hi Tim.

I`m needing a pair of front footrests rear brake lever and a gear lever for a 3c, the bikes pictured below.

Cheers Rob

And I get hasseled about my seat and rear guard,thats just plane wrong,how do the blokes with the thumb rear brake get on at rego time,if the brake works ok whats the drama.I have a Recluse centrifical Clutch on my Husky and they need and I have a left handlebar rear brake lever that ties into and works with the standard foot rear brake and it passes rego in OZ on worries,BTW its close to a nice bike.

I had a rear wheel like that shrunk onto my 3C hub in the seventies - it was a "CMA" - Cerhan Mackay Automotive - when I left Morphy Motors i nearly went into business with a Dave Mackay who (he said) was the "Mackay" half of CMA. The wheel was very heavy, but we all wanted the "new" type cast wheels at the time. - Regards -Phil

That'll be a nice bike when it's sorted Rob. I remember seeing a 3C at Oulton Park in the seventies with this type of wheel. The rear drum brake looked a bit odd with cast wheels even then. Cheers Pat.

Hi pat, when i first saw it i thought it looked a bit crap, but the more i think about it, as it`s a nice runner it`ll be quite a satisfying rolling resto and don`t know what you think but i reckon a 74 3c is one of the nicest looking bikes to come out of bregenze.  Regards Rob

Yes, the 3C is slowly becoming more and more admired. My kind of bike. An original seat, front mudguard, some wire wheels and the original lights will make a big difference. Incidentally, does anybody know where my old 3C ended up (uk reg RKK 10M)? Cheers Pat.

Back