Bikers Classics 2010, SPA Francorchamps

Here's a Spa pic which made me smile....

Attachments

• Let's race.jpg
    Let's race.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 74
Jens said:
... and another - the last - one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSJbxqOKE1k

Regarding the last video with Rob: have been asked, why I did do that. It was not with intend.

Perhaps it is not obvious: They did break 50-100 meters earlier than necessary. Thats all.

Jens

Hi, Just to clarify, Jens and I are good friends for the last couple of years and the video was done in good humour, we spoke after the session ( I did not do the asking).

If you look several times at 2:20 you will see the guy on the Orange Ducati (also a Laverda owner...hence the colour) braking and taking an early line (his perogative) into the bend. Being on cold tyres, and it being a  light hearted track day, I let him through and moved to the outside of his line, (had he not been there I would have taken the same line as the 1st Ducati).

Unfortunately Jens has smaller Anchors and opted to take the outside line too. 160kg Ducati can change direction and brake quickly (I'm not known for early braking). Great Video Jens, I have learnt from your camera positioning and sound quality  :wink:, same time next year I hope :)

Cheers Rob

Its a bit of a shame Rob,some close ups of you from Jens would have been great,its surprising how his bike loves to rev so easy to 8k being a 180 and sounds brilliant

Hi All

Some great footage and tails here and just to let you know it is greatly appreciated and keep it coming.

Does the SPA Bikers Classic always clash with The IOM TT ?...........Looks like a great event.

Cheers
                              Matt

Very true Tom, and his LeMans film stay on my shelf, being wathced many many times with the stereo on LOUD.

Cheers,
Jacques.

Hi Keith,
Well I like British stereo too, and have it mixed with a little Danish (not the eatable to the Americans), Copland cd, all propperly modified by me. Stereo is an area where the Brits still goes totally strong, because they kept the purist angle to Stereo. Bit like Laverda in the motorcycleworld  :D
I managed to get hold of an example of Porsches Racing yearbook from 1970, and they also drove on Spa. Great reading. That infamous 917 is one of the absolute greatest racecars ever. Gotta' love it - pure race, completely untamed. So it can litterally fly, when having too many Hp's. I had the neighbour upstairs knocking at my door once, and he screamed through the sound of a 917 and ferraris: Are you starting an engine here? No, but it's a nice movie.  :D
Reminds me of some old Lp's on which there's printed: "This album was made to be played loud". So is the great "Le Mans".
Btw: is there someone who know anything about some CD's with either recorded sounds or video with Laverda's? I'd like one for those cold nights, where you prefer to stay indoor.
Sorry for the ot.
Good video and photos - keep it coming, please  :cheesy:

Cheers,
Jacques.

I downloaded "Lemans" a couple of months back, hadn't seen it for years, still fantatic to watch. I hear the Porsches/Ferraris through my ProAc speakers and Albarry amp, great stuff :smiley:

redfox said:
Btw: is there someone who know anything about some CD's with either recorded sounds or video with Laverda's? I'd like one for those cold nights, where you prefer to stay indoor.

Cheers,
Jacques.

Hande and my brother Robert produced a CD roughly 15 years ago. I think OCT in Germany still has some copies. Great sounds, recorded in DDD Stereo quality!

Oh - and btw: make sure you set your suspension harder when going to the track. I was wondering why my backwheel had sliped slightly sidewards in one curve though I assumed the tyres were warmed up already (after 1,5 rounds...). Here is what happened:

jotalima1.jpg

jotalima2.jpg

the damages on the side of the cover are from my drop on the Monte Grappa during last years 60th anniversary, but you can see a new scratch at the lower end of the cover... there is even a picture of when it happened from www.Actionphototeam.com:

BC10_5166.jpg

seems I need to "sit-off" a bit more and bring my chest closer to the tank... (but what to do with the belly then - move it to the back? :embarrassed: )

:shocked:

Lothar, it's not a belly, it's a movable chest. ::)

Looks like my former RGS cover, though I did not do it myself, but as my former RGS was the first in Denmark, it was also raced by the team built by the former importer of Laverda.

Cheers,
Jacques.

Bikers_Classics_2010_header.png

Relive the Bikers? Classics on TV

If you were there and want to relive this fabulous event ? or if you missed out on the event (shame on you), but you want to discover what happened at this year's Bikers? Classics?

Today at 10:20 pm the English channel of Motors TV will broadcast a 35 min documentary about this year's event featuring Giacomo Agostini and all his famous friends, but also the most beautiful classic racing bikes in the world ? the real stars at this event.

The French and European channel of Motors TV will broadcast on Saturday 4th of September at 07:10 pm, Sunday 5th of September (10:40 am and 05:05 pm) and also on Monday 6th (03:50 pm) and Tuesday 7th at 06:30 pm.

Back