road testing

I notice that the latest Kawasaki Z1000s have reverse-sloping wheel spokes as standard. I find some of the styling used on modern bikes seems aimed more at a 'look at me' effect rather than offering any real aesthetic pleasure. Or perhaps they want to differentiate their products from those of their competition. It certainly doesn't seem to be a form-follows-function type of solution.

bazzee

thought you all might like to see it before it gets shipped to the owner
taken on the road along our property line
cheers,
scott

Attachments

• left-rear.gif
    left-rear.gif
    230.5 KB · Views: 35
  • left-side.gif
    left-side.gif
    216.7 KB · Views: 41
  • right-front-shade.gif
    right-front-shade.gif
    221.8 KB · Views: 37
  • right-front-sun.gif
    right-front-sun.gif
    224.9 KB · Views: 30
  • right-rear.gif
    right-rear.gif
    219.8 KB · Views: 34
that is pretty damn nice Scott
well done indeed
hope the owner is pleased with the end result

Red

On my Rg series special - i used a Kawasaki 1100 front end and the rear wheel came from an early Yamaha FZ600 - the 1st series came with 18" wheels and was an easy job to make it fit the Laverda set up - although I did have a floating rear btake set up which made fitting easier. The Yamaha cush is very substantial so no worries there - These wheels were selling very cheap as everyone wanted the,then new, 17" wheels - think I got mine for a tenner at an autojumble - Regards - Phil

Attachments

• 102_2086.JPG
    102_2086.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 102_2085.JPG
    102_2085.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 9
Lovely Scott!  I wonder, seeing your handiwork depart -- is it a bit like putting a child up for adoption?
I personally have a terrible time selling a motorcycle I enjoy.  Weird that a person can bond with an inanimate object....

With more and more coming back maybe we should start a picture thread on who owns what,especaly hottys like this one

Nice work Scott.
I ran Avon Storms on those rims too, very successfully. I recall getting astounding mileage out of the rear, hope the owner enjoys his bike ..

Back