113.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4366.JPG
    IMG_4366.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 31
Great photos Steve,

best of luck to the team for the weekend.

Hopefully Blair has his wellies as the weather report is biblical(cubed) for down in mexico.

Has Crispin fitted his HOT motor, or is it still in the making ?

Look forward to hearing how it all goes.

Lovely photos - I haven't ever seen the perspective of looking down the straight from the pit wall.

The first photo looks like it's inside a shed made of Roll-A-Doors. Apart from the roof.

Hope it goes well,

bazzee

Best of luck to the team Steve, hopefully it will all come together this weekend.
What's that SFC in the pics shod with? Looks like a set of TT100s ???

That was the SFC that was for sale recently on ebay oz. Lovely line up of Manx Nortons, mega $$$$$$ but the rear shot of the BM is my favorite.
Good luck guys and kick some ducati arses :evil:

I remember Pirelli Gordons being fitted to triples. Similar V profile to the TT100s.
Suited the triples well. I took a while to get used to the Phantoms that replaced them.
I think they were ditted to twins too.

'Morning chaps,

Well we watched the weather channel non-stop for four hours last night but the news never got better.  Reasonable rainfall overnight and this morning but actually the weather now is quite decent, little to no wind and only a light sprinkle here and there.  Blair is quite looking forward to running in the wet, he got his eye in at the last wet race he did back in 1984...

The bike has only seen minor changes since previous outings, no monster motor as yet but lots of fettling has gone on, Blair is saying it's starting to really feel like a racebike now.  We're 27th out of 42 or so, around the 2.00 mark and prior to the arrival of the wet weather had been dropping a few seconds each time out.

First event about to get underway now, but probably 2hrs till we're due out.  One more qualifying session this morning (basically will be wet practice) then one race in the afternoon.

Cheers
Steve B

Qualifying got turned into a 5 minute wet practice session, only got three laps in but all was ok, just lacking track time.  All smooth sailing right now, just waiting for our first race around 4:30pm.
Cheers
Steve B

Wish I was there,which ways the wind blowing,maybe crack 300k ha,lottery on the weather as usual down there

Some more photos of the event from Crispin

Steve B checking out the view of the Island

391505216.jpg

Serge from Club Laverda Victoria on the Spaceframe

391505232.jpg

Nice Honda  :D :D :D

391505247.jpg

Last Night view from the pits

391505239.jpg

Live timing at:

http://www.computime.com.au/

Cheers
Steve B

That was strange watching the live timing,great result from the boys.Huge variations in lap times,weather?

No surprises on the top 2 riders there!! Bit surprised at the TZ750 results, what's the issue there? Rider experience?

Brilliant!

Weather played right into our hands.  We're on the Avon race spec treaded tyres and much of the field were 17" rims with either wets or slicks.  The track was almost dry for the first three laps, but a big ominous cloud finally rumbled through mid race and Blair was riding superbly. With several on slicks having to pull in or slow down, two falls, Blair picked them off one by one, pulling ground on the quicker bikes through the corners and holding them off down the straights to finish a superb 13th and clock a best time of 2.04 on a semi-wet track.

There's heaps of interest in the bike, lots of photos being taken, a couple of magazines asking for details, and general good vibe from all competitors and racegoers happy to see something different out there.

Cheers
Steve B

Wild and wooly weather overnight here at the Island (and elsewhere it seems).  Terribly windy and wet upon waking, but it's a bit brighter and winds seem to be easing a bit so we're pressing on.  The team fabrication facility is currently in full swing turning a red cat litter tray we bought at Coles this morning into a front number plate to allow us to run sans fairing.  Blair got caught by the wind on turn 1 yesterday and had a real moment, so we're getting the big spinnacher off the front.

Happily we're the last race in both morning and afternoon sessions, so we can hope for the weather to continue to improve.  As I type this the sun has made a tentative attempt at getting through the clouds so you never know your luck.

Cheers
steve B

Due to the windy conditions the bike will be going out naked today.

391534867.jpg

Back