Philip Island

mauricejota7604

Good luck Blair,Crispin, CJ and Steve at Philip Island this weekend what great stuff seeing a wonderful Laverda being campaigned amongst a vast field of bikes.
Massimo would be very proud :wink:

Tippie

See the mighty Lav in scrutineering 8)

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2010/Historics/Nationals/Gallery_A/index.htm

Good luck Team Lav Oz

M

morini

Hey Red, how do I get one of those 'Redax Laverda Engineering' stickers to put on my bike?

Chris

redax5

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Chris,
Well, lets see, you could beg possibly, or even better, send a big wad of cash to Max.
Or you could convert to Buddhism and I'll send you one as then you'd be a fellow Buddhist.  :D

Or probably just wait for a few weeks, we are getting some smaller ones made, will send you a couple then.  :wink:

Tchau
Red

redax5

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Rob,
Say a few chants for us and I'll get Max to send you some stickers.
Always willing to back a fellow Buddhist.  :D

Converted when I was working in Pakistan.  :D

Dellortoman

I'm kind to animals. I feel sad if I injure a worm when digging in the garden and I never squash spiders in the house - I carry them outside and put them somewhere safe. My garden is also frog-friendly. Does that make me a Buddhist?

Have we gone off-topic yet?  :D

Cheers,
Cam

M

morini

I got stoned with a Buddhist in W.A. once. Sitting in an Atco just outside Dongera over looking over the Indian Ocean. Beautiful. It was the first time I'd noticed and realised the sun set over the ocean (we're too easternised). We were off topic that afternoon. Lucky the pusher never found us or he would have run our arses off.

redax5

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Chris,
Most of the Pushers I knew back in those days would have confiscated your stash for themselves.
But seeing as how you got stoned with a Monk then you certainly qualify.
I have also been stoned in WA, no Monk though, in Broome, watching the Stairway to Heaven across the bay, that is just beautiful.
You qualify for a set of stickers.

Cam, will give you two stickers, I too try and save the worms when digging in the garden so I believe that you must be connected to Buddha on a sublime level.
But then I feed them to Gonz, he just loves a fresh live worm for breakfast.  :evil:

Hey John, no problem, you qualify for a box of them.
Looks like we need to start keeping track of this.
Tchau
Red

motoddrob

Geez, I thought I was the only idiot that actually move the worms to a better place when digging. My misses laughs at me every time!! But hey, it's good for my heart and brain. Compassion
Hey Red, say 3 times,  NAMO TASSA BHAGAVATO ARAHATO SAMMA SAMBUDDHASSA and all should be good, and don't forget to meditate daily. My time as a monk was very humbling.
I've also be stoned more than once in WA as well :shocked:

And Cam
"I'm kind to animals. I feel sad if I injure a worm when digging in the garden and I never squash spiders in the house - I carry them outside and put them somewhere safe. My garden is also frog-friendly. Does that make me a Buddhist?"
You could be a buddist without even knowing it Cam, good onya

Tom Eatman

Does being an Orthodox Viking count too? I told my wife and friends that when I die I would like them to load me, a case of beer, my Jota, and possibly my tool box onto a boat then push it off into the middle of the Alpsee (a small local lake here) and set it all on fire. This way when I get to Valhalla I have all of the necessary toys to enjoy the afterlife.

Tom

M

morini

Can't remember the Pushers name but he was a short arse Canadian with a lot of fingers missing. Chewed a lot of tobacco but ran out on one trip so he started chewing Drum. We warned him but he still tried. Came back from down at the rig and asked me for some Tally-Hos a lighter and said in a thick Canadian accent;" I'll smoke the fucken shit". He was a good bloke, a mean pool player (sans fingers) but was dead against any one having the boombalaca. Another pusher on the same Richter rig was a Roma boy, Mick Harvey. Gees the W.A. boys hated his guts and let him know too. He was too much into the "rig pig" crap for well travelled Western Australians. The best was a Perth bloke I worked with up near Derby. He was a real gentleman who'd spent most of his career in the North Sea.

I really enjoyed working over there. Totally different to Queensland. I survived one tour when I got back. Surprise surprise the pusher was Mick Harvey who decided I was as bad as the W.A. boys so he tried to run me off. Karma will take out him out one day if it hasn't already.

Chris