1000 SFC Meeting in Germany

Laverdalothar

@ all owners of a 1000SFC

Time has passed and it is now 25 years ago that Laverda/Moto Witt introduced the 1000SFC to the market. To celebrate this, some enthusiasts have invited for a 1000SFC meeting near Frankfurt on October 9th and 10th, 2010.

This invitation is limited to 1000SFC owners only according to the initiators of the meeting and you have to arrive with your 1000SFC there, as a) a proof and b) a group-picture will be taken.

Due to the unforeseeable weather conditions, no ride-out is planed but more so simply a come-together and celebration of the bike itself, exchange of experiences etc.. The event will take place in a hotel, where rooms need to be reserved. Therefore registration is important and mandatory for the meeting.

If you like to attend, please drop me a PN via this forum and I will forward you the contact details (don't give spam a chance...  :wink:).

I can not promise everyone speaks fluently Danish or French, but with a 90% chance some will be able to talk in english and I will be there to help with english, too  8)

Would be great to see some folks from Europe. Weather is not THAT bad typically in October in Germany, sometimes it is even very nice...

Oh - and sorry, again: For 1000 SFC owners only, bike need to be brought to the event (preferably on wheels...). Not my rules, but the intention of the event. OK?

R

richtea

Sounds good Lothar!

My SFC1000 is in little tiny crank-like bits right now, but I'm pretty sure it will be in one piece come October, so count me in.

I have PM'ed you.

I just wanted to add this note to encourage any other UK owners to come along too, and maybe we can arrive en masse.
The last triple deserves a little celebration. And I like group photos...

laverdakeith

Would I be allowed to come along on it's better looking little sister, supposed to be at a 50th birthday in Germany October time, I could combine the two trips.

Keith.

sfc1000uk

Damn, I don't have the time or the money* but I'd love to get there.

Bob

* 350 quid for the ferry from Newcastle or 500+ mile trip to the channel & 30 quid for the ferry.

R

richtea

I'll be going via the ?30 one. 'Only' 170 very (VERY) tedious miles. Actually, that will be a little higher since I'll have to do some cross-country, otherwise I'll go nuts on the motorway.
Newcastle to Banbury (home sweet home), and stay overnight maybe, Bob? More time, but less money...

Lothar, is the SFC1000-only rule that strict?
Surely it would be good to have other Laverdas attend, even though they couldn't take part in the piccies?

Keith, you could stay in the hotel next door, and be our paparazzo :)
Or paint your RGS forks gold, sneak into the lineup, and play 'spot-the-deliberate-mistake' afterwards...

L

lemonjelly

They tried the same rule with the V6 but Piero got fed up waiting :D

LJ

sfc1000uk

I did think about riding south (sister lives in Reading which is a handy break) but it's not really viable for me - it's knocking on a 2000 mile round trip and I can't really spare the time off work.

Laverdalothar

I knew that discussion would start at some point in time and I was thinking of how to prevent it. Seams I can't, therefore just some thoughts:

-A 750SFC Register is elitist to - 750SFC owners and their bikes.
-Marnix Homepage is elitist to the 750SFC
-this Homepage is elitist to the Laverda-Group (with the exception of Andy maybe...  :D )
-the "Bikers Classics" Event is elitist to Bikes built until the end of 1981 only
-even - and I feel that is the best comparison, as the organizers make the rules - Your house is elitist to the ones that you let in (burglars as an exception, but if you will: your limited security has let them in if they get in...)

No one questions that. Right? The rules have been set (not by me) and that are the rules for the event. Nothing more behind it, no intention to upset anyone, simply the intention to promote a special bike that hasn't gotten the attention it deserves within the past 25 years. Think of how many bike-tests have been published about other models of Laverda and how many of the 1000SFC. Think especially about how many you have seen recently in classic bike magazines. All I have seen in the past 10 years were for 750SF or SFC series, 1000 3C/1 or 3CL's or specials like Rau-Laverda, Egli-Laverda etc. etc. 1000SFC? None to my attention... :wink:

The whole event will be different, as a) it will be happening in a Hotel, no camping, no fire place, no loud music etc., b) main part of the agenda is the dinner and some nice talking about the model etc. and c) there will be absolutely no ride-out planed (although the "Spessart" is an area in Germany that would well be worth it...) as the weather conditions are not foreseeable.

It is simply dedicated to celebrate the "birth" of the 1000SFC. You all will be part of it with the pictures and reports we will post here, be sure.

And Rob: I doubt you would participate even if it would be open, right? 20.000 Kilometers are a long way to travel :wink:

L

lemonjelly

Think it will an excellent meet Lothar just wish I had an SFC! have a good time.

Lemon

Preben

Hi Lothar

I have an SFC 1000, but its not registered yet so I can`t go. I still think it is a good idea to celebrate this last triple. I`ll look foreward to read reports and see pictures from the meeting. Hope You will have a good time.

Best regards

Preben Ingemansen
Denmark

Laverdalothar

lemonjelly said:
Think it will an excellent meet Lothar just wish I had an SFC! have a good time.

Lemon

you have two great bikes at least. SFC 1000 come up for sale once in a while. There were some for sale in Germany recently and there is one for sale in Austria currently (1st hand with only 28.000Km or so - looks great on the pics):

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=135176142&pageNumber=2

Buy it, fly into Austria on October 8th to pick it up with a customs number plate to ride it back to England and join us on October 9th for the meeting... Sounds like a plan, if money would be readily available...  :undecided:

motoddrob

"And Rob: I doubt you would participate even if it would be open, right? 20.000 Kilometers are a long way to travel wink"

Ah yeah Loather, I think I'll give it a miss cheers anyway, besides I've got the wrong SFC :'(
Still reckon that all Lav owners could share the celebration of the SFC1k though.

Anyway have fun and will look forward to seeing a pic of a long line up of SFCs.

Preben

Hi Lothar

4000 Euro is keeping me from getting my SFC 1000 registered at the moment. Crazy Danish tax rules mean I have to pay about 4000 Euro to get it on the street as it has not yet been registered i Denmark.  :shocked: This year I spent quite some money on my other Laverda`s so the SFC 1000 will have to wait.

Regards

Preben

Laverdalothar

It is, Preben, and sorry for being that nosy...  :embarrassed:

Taxes really can p*** you off. In Germany, a bike bigger than 250ccm cost you 19% VAT plus 7% customs fees if you import it from a non EU country. If the bike is an oldtimer however, you "only" pay 7% VAT plus 7% customs clearance.

So - for a bike that cost you 9.000?, it would be 630? VAT and - as customs clearance is on the brut price - 674? customs clearance. Totals in roughly 15% on top of the purchase price. To achieve that however, you have to proof it is an oldtimer (older than 30 years). Everything younger than that has 19%VAT and you end up at roughly 27,3% of the purchase-price... (a total of 2.450? roughly, which is still way less than the 4.000 you name here...).

And for what? Just for the point that you can pay road-tax afterwards, as well as VAT for all products you need for running the bike, VAT on top of the insurance contract which you need etc.

And what are they doing with all that money? No... let us avoid THAT discussion, please... :shocked:
::)

Preben

Lothar

Yes the tax in Denmark is crazy even though there have been some reductions over the last years. The 4000 Euro is not VAT but tax for registration which has to be paid 1 time a vehicle is registered. (You don't even get a numberplate but has to pay further 75 Euro for that) Only bikes over 35 years is taxfree.

Dick

Yes my  SFC 1000 was imported from UK in 2007 with big help from Clem. Since it was imported from inside EU I don`t have to pay VAT or Custom, but if I import a bike from outside EU I also have to pay VAT and Custom and then also registration-tax. Yes they know where to get money - taking them from people who are willing to spend a lot of money on their hobby.

Regards

Preben