LAVERDA 250 CHott ride out

lavgert

Hi all,

yesterday I had my first 100 km ride out with the 250 Chott. Was much fun! I love that little one - its a real beauty and sounds like hell!

Ciao, Gert

Attachments

• CIMG7990.jpg
    CIMG7990.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 23
  • CIMG7994.jpg
    CIMG7994.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG8001.jpg
    CIMG8001.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 33

Dellortoman

Lavgert said:
... it is unrestored!!! I bought it in Pescara/Italy with 5.330 km on the clocks. Most of the screws are untouched - since 1974!

That was a lucky find Gert. I'd like to get my hands on a Chott, but they must be a rare thing here in Australia. Never seen one for sale here.

Cheers,
Cam

Mingh

Lavgert said:
... it is unrestored!!! I bought it in Pescara/Italy with 5.330 km on the clocks. Most of the screws are untouched - since 1974!

Ciao, Gert

awesome!
Big fan of scramblers and vintage enduro myself. A chott has got to be one of the most beautiful bikes ever. Got a weakness for bultaco's and triumph tr6C, ossa's and early huskies.
how is it to register it in austria?
I hear that it's close to impossible to import italian registered motorbikes in belgium.

dellortoman said:
Chott, but they must be a rare thing here in Australia. Never seen one for sale here.

Cam

It's not Taswegia, but there was one for sale on eBay for very little money in California a few months ago. Admittedly a non-runner, but it's a 2 stroke, what can it cost to fix? :D :D :D I suspect the seller reads this forum; he said he was going to send me some pictures but he didn't, then the auction closed with (I think) no bids. So it's either still there or somebody snapped it up, but maybe if the seller is still interested he could contact you?

Ken

lavgert

how is it to register it in austria?
[/quote]

The 250 Chott was never imported to Austria. You can register it as "Historic Vehicle". A friend of mine registerd his Chott some years ago, so I got a copy of his registration papers and mounted a rear mirror - thats all! Driving is restricted to 60 days in the year and you have to write down every ride in a little book, so called "Fahrtenbuch". Ciao, Gert

L

lemonjelly

Gert,

Def another contender for Bike of the Month superb example.As to the historic restrictions and the little book havn t the 'POWERS' above  got better things to do,maybe that department will get sacked in the wake of European cut backs (though I fear for you Austria is too wealthy !!)

Shaun

lavgert

Shaun,

the little book is no problem for me - I fear the coming restrictions because of emissions and noise! In the meantime I will enjoy the sound and smell of open megas om my Lavs...
Ciao, Gert

N

noneglibob

Looks like a very nice bike Gert, if it's noisy it's a very simple job to put a bit of noise supression wadding in the silencer, jusy pop the end can off and repack the expansion chamber.
In my experience Chott's aren't particularly noisy machines.
The main problem with running a Chott is the availability of spares, especially engine spares. There are lots of dead Chotts around waiting for parts that simply aren't available.
I've been dead lucky with mine and have covered a fair old mileage on it without it needing anything major. I'll be using it in the Edinburgh Trial in a couple of weeks and if it survives intact I'm going to strip it and have a good look inside the motor to do a bit of preventative maintenance.
I keep, looking for a spare bike but they seem impossible to get hold of nowadays....

Here's a pic from the Land's End trial a couple of years ago...360 miles non stop! This is the final section [18 hours in] so I'm looking a bit dazed and confused wondering which is the best way to tackle the last special test :D

Attachments

• Lands end 2008.jpg
    Lands end 2008.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 23

Vince

Poor form there Bob,not on the pegs.After 18 hours I am surprised your not having a little lie down

N

noneglibob

:D :D :D Vince you cheeky bugger, I was doing a restart! You can paddle for the first 3 yds, after that you have to be up on the pegs.

They quite often put restarts into these long distance trials and they can really mess you up when you're tired. You have to stop with one of your wheels inside two lines painted across the track, usually about a metre apart. The approach to the restart is often unsighted and so when you come across one you have to make a very quick decision about where the traction is and which wheel to drop in the box.
The restart in the photo is a nasty one because the track does an immediate very tight 180 degree left up a 3 in 1 incline...you can't turn right cos you'd end up in the Atlantic, what looks like a road in the background of the pic is actually the sea about 200 foot down from the section.