Country Pubs

FNQ1000

Hi All
There's the long running thread "disappearing gas stations" to fill up the bikes, so how about a thread to fill up the riders? 

Here a photo of the Tully Falls Hotel, Ravenshoe - the highest pub in Queensland.

Attachments

• Tully Falls Hotel - small.JPG
    Tully Falls Hotel - small.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 29
They also have a train in Ravenshoe, but it doesn't go very far. Sorry off topic

Attachments

• Ravenshoe Train 180910 - small.JPG
    Ravenshoe Train 180910 - small.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 16
Just a short note about the day

The eldest and I set off in brilliant sunshine to do a loop of the Atherton Tablelands and the Gillies Range. I?d been thinking of a ?Country Pubs? thread to complement the Gas stations one.  I have very few shots of motorcycles or travels because I almost never grab the camera.

Anyway we stopped at Ravenshoe for Smoko.  It?s claim to fame is that it?s the highest town in Queensland.  A couple of shots and off we went ? into the rain.  You can see from this photo at Windy Hill (wind generators) that my daughter wasn?t too happy.

I?d mentioned to her to throw on her Mum?s Belstaff jacket before we set off ?Eeew yuck not that old thing?. So couldn?t help a ?told you so? after taking the photo. She reckoned she?d rather be wet and cold ? form over function every time!

Ditched the idea of the Gillies Range and caught up with friends in Atherton for a coffee and a yack. A good day.

Cheers
Jason

Ps Sorry about the multiple posts for the photos and story.  Determined to get better.

Attachments

• Cold Wet Cranky Girl Sept 2010 - small.JPG
    Cold Wet Cranky Girl Sept 2010 - small.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 51
Jason,
one pissed off young sprog there. If looks could kill.
On the other hand, a life-shaping experience.  :angry:  :LOL:

RGS, MV & Aprillia at Jackson just over the hill from Christchurch, nice road, general stopping point for bikes on the trip over the hills in SI NZ.
Great pies, good coffee and I've been told the hooch is very passable.

Can get over populated with tourist buses in the summer.

This was taken on the last day of a very wet 4 day run around the south island in 2009.

Steven

Attachments

• Bikes at Jacksons - small.jpg
    Bikes at Jacksons - small.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 26
FNQ1000 said:
Hi All
There's the long running thread "disappearing gas stations" to fill up the bikes, so how about a thread to fill up the riders? 

Here a photo of the Tully Falls Hotel, Ravenshoe - the highest pub in Queensland.

I made a street pizza on the footpath outside that hotel many years ago!!

Liking this!  If it stops raning anytime between now and the end of September I'll see if I can get a pic of The Rescue Dog somewhere.

well damn Reggie, you'll have trouble choosing what pub to take a photo at first in Scotland
must be 1,000's of them there within 4 hours riding distance from home
be careful riding home

another shot of Maxene's Monty, at the Rosevale pub, out riding by herself, again.
need to talk to that girl, all she seems to do is ride to pubs while I'm away at work

Red

Attachments

• Rosevale pub.jpg
    Rosevale pub.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 43
Talking of Country pubs don t forget the Culm Valley meet this Saturday 25th 12 noon pics to follow.

Lemon

Just couldn't help myself this picture was taken in southern germany on a trip on our Aussie jotas in Europe last year cant remember the name of the place (about 2 hours south of Stuttgart) but I can remember the family that owned the pub showed my mate and I German cuisine and big jugs of beer prior to heading off into some brilliant riding roads.

Attachments

• europe may 09 002.jpg
    europe may 09 002.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 36
Back