Laverda - Odds and sods from the WWW

Laverdalothar

I actually WAS riding the wheels off the SF. The problem was to get control over suspension and braking performance while keeping the bike as original as possible. I restored with the aim of keeping it original. I was just not happy with the performance of the original brakes and suspension. To avoid having the next modified bike in my garage, I sold it to someone who said he would appreciate the originality. He faced the same issues and sold the bike on 2 or 3 years later (asking me first if I want to buy it back. I was temped for a moment but backed out of it...).

piranha-bro2

I actually WAS riding the wheels off the SF. The problem was to get control over suspension and braking performance while keeping the bike as original as possible. I restored with the aim of keeping it original. I was just not happy with the performance of the original brakes and suspension. To avoid having the next modified bike in my garage, I sold it to someone who said he would appreciate the originality. He faced the same issues and sold the bike on 2 or 3 years later (asking me first if I want to buy it back. I was temped for a moment but backed out of it...).
I guess that's why my byline says 'What ... leave it standard??!!' :)

Nothing whatsoever wrong with wanting an original standard bike, but you have to be happy to live with its shortcomings - and you and I are not. My reasoning is similar to that of the factories who constantly developed new ideas and technologies to improve their products.

sweetas

This popped up on a random bike website the other day.... prob been posted here a 1000 times, but you can never get sick of looking at it...

Attachments

• EA300207-3B1B-4D02-9E95-930DDD9626C0.jpeg
    EA300207-3B1B-4D02-9E95-930DDD9626C0.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 27