Getting old

Gee that brought back a heap of memories Chris,so Many funny memories from that trip . Also launched the naming of that infamous rabble now known as BFN😂😂😂
Tom

You better pray its not the same GPS you and Maurice had in Europe Chris...
Where the &^#* Am I ?

You puppies never heard of a Sextant, a Map, a Rolex, an Almanac and a Slide Rule ;o)

I could dispense with the Logarithm Table by using the Slide Rule.

Say 10 or 15 later of calculations, places to within 1/4 to a 1/2 square mile on the planet - If you were Good - Plus it was FUN !

Oh Yah! Do not forget a Compass.

I did have use of a CB set at one time but it was BIG and Clumsy - RLOF !!!!!!.

Last edited:
Or the look on Steve’s face, when I opened the Utze apartments dishwasher the morning after a night on the piss, and removed my clean and dried clothing.

He was not impressed.
I reckon the session in the foyer in the hotel in Andorra was one of the funniest, empty stubbies lined up on the table and all over the floor just as all the guests were entering the hotel in disgust as the Aussies demonstrated their well honed social skills for everyone to see shorts thongs and stubbies. The barman was not impressed.

I reckon the session in the foyer in the hotel in Andorra was one of the funniest, empty stubbies lined up on the table and all over the floor just as all the guests were entering the hotel in disgust as the Aussies demonstrated their well honed social skills for everyone to see shorts thongs and stubbies. The barman was not impressed.
He was a miserable git but it didn't take us long to find a much more welcoming hostelry ha ha!
That pizza bar thingy we ended up at was great.

Navy has charts, not maps Ron. Are you referring to the Nautical Almanac and Norrie's Tables?
I suspect he is, but who carries astral navigation equipment on a bike? I bet Ron doesn't.
Besides, it's not easy to find a horizon on land for your sextant shots. Even if you can see the horizon from wherever you are, you need to know your precise altitude for the height of eye correction. What all this boils down to is that Ron's talking crap again.

I'm still pissed off that some miserable low life stole my lovely old brass sextant off my boat.

Ha Legs, how did you find the effect of having your Cataracts done on riding, seems I am stage 1 and Surgery occurs at stage 3 or 4. Approx 3 or 4 years off for me.

Back