The Aussie depository.....

Having a bit of an argument. He objected to me objecting to a stripped down, hipsterised Suzuki 450 being called a cafe racer. Apparently I'm a motorcycle snob. :ROFLMAO:

Having a bit of an argument. He objected to me objecting to a stripped down, hipsterised Suzuki 450 being called a cafe racer. Apparently I'm a motorcycle snob. :ROFLMAO:

I can verify it's never been near a hipster - or a cafe - but it has quite a bit of Italian attatched.

Attachments

• GS 450 rhs.JPG
    GS 450 rhs.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 43
Thought we were in with a chance but cream came to the top during the second half, my mate reckons that the Barrett brothers and Sam Whitelock should be given honorary Aussie citizenship.

Melbourne Cup today so off to the pub to see if beer improves my horse tipping. (Doesn't usually 😰)
Just for info, I am backing a lightweight shot - "Great House" so would suggest that's one to be avoided😅

Last edited:
As any cricket fan will be aware, the English vs Australia cricket test match is currently in progress in Tasmania at Blundstone arena, which is less than 1km from my place. Play goes from 2pm to 10pm each day and there's a public bar at the venue that's supposed to be open the whole time that play is in progress.

However, they had to close the bar at 7pm last night due to the crowd getting pissed and unruly. After the punters got out, there were reports all around the neighbourhood of pissed idiots roaming around and disturbing the piece, cars and houses getting egged, brick walls smashed, cars being kicked in, urinated on and otherwise vandalised.

This is one of the reasons I'm not a sports fan and wasn't happy about the test match coming to my neighbourhood. I don't have a problem with cricket itself, and I'll sometimes watch it on TV if there's nothing better to do. But big ticket sports events like this seem to attract a lot of belligerent bogans.

I'm aware that 90% of the punters are decent people and the problem is caused by a small minority of moronic fuckwits. But that doesn't mean it's OK. Nearby residents should have to put up with their property being damaged. It's not a good look for the sport either, but unfortunately all too common.

None of my property has been damaged yet, but there's still 3 days of this crap to go. Although I may be relatively safe because they'd have to walk uphill to get to my house. The physical exertion might be sufficient discouragement.

Sorry about the grumpy old man attitude. I'm just feeling pissed off with it all. Also partly because it's difficult to go anywhere while the cricket is on because many of the neighbourhood streets are blocked off for "traffic management". Don't ask me how blocking off streets improves traffic flow. That bit of genius logic is apparently too complicated for my tiny brain.

There's no parking facility at the venue itself so the few roads that are open are clogged with parked cars. I needed to go out yesterday but someone had parked halfway across my driveway. If I hadn't been able to narrowly squeeze past I would have put my old bus in low range 4WD and bulldozed the fucker outta the way.

I don't think major sports venues belong in residential areas.

End of rant.

Come up to Darwin, a bi-weekly occurrence in my part of town recently. A lot of long grassers stuck here and yes it's only the 10% that thinks the bottle's gotta be smashed after you drink it.

One extraction of glass out of a barefoot would cure that error. Just the needle with the local would do that. Guess how I know. I was working in a pretty upmarket harbourside unit and they insisted I take my boots off, so I complied. I needed a tool out of the car and didn't realise after New Year there was broken beer bottles, dark coloured glass everywhere and I went in my socks. NEVER AGAIN.

A mate of mine, Jim, just sent me this pic through from outside the bike shop he gets his Ducati pink slip done at and the tires changed at, Its Sydney, Im guessing its Marty's shop ?

Attachments

• 8ee88700-0e66-4469-a560-f97c28be0720.jpg
    8ee88700-0e66-4469-a560-f97c28be0720.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 37
A mate of mine, Jim, just sent me this pic through from outside the bike shop he gets his Ducati pink slip done at and the tires changed at, Its Sydney, Im guessing its Marty's shop ?
Nice looking bike but bloody hell, who keeps that bit between the allow spokes clean? Full credit. Some of us rely on the fiction that the road grimes becomes a protective coating. Over time encasing, indeed mummifying, the original metallurgy beneath.

I'm sure the joke will be how this A hole is dealt with by the Magistrate. After all the damage done to people's property he will be given a suspended sentence, a good behaviour bond.
But I did watch shaking my head in
disbelief.

I'm sure the joke will be how this A hole is dealt with by the Magistrate. After all the damage done to people's property he will be given a suspended sentence, a good behaviour bond.
But I did watch shaking my head in
disbelief.
You don't get it at all.
Such behaviour is an economic necessity, it is in fact a pillar of the system we all participate in.
It maintains jobs: insurers, police, builders, motorcycle manufacturers, advertisers, internet, youtube, etc. All the cogs of a consumer society.
It's part of the machine. Society needs the offender to start again.

Paul

A kid I went to skool with was jailed for stealing a Porsche.

He got out of jail, the next time I saw him, he said: “If there’s a chance you’re going to jail if caught, then you’d be a dickhead to steal a Mini”

That dickhead is in a lot of trouble, over a couple of pissy dirt bikes.

Not if they followed my mantra Paul. All thieves should hang.

Back