My hotrod 750 - 880SFCK project

Chris Kay sent me these photos of his bike and asked me to post them. I don't have a photobucket account any more since they started pissing everyone about, so I've just put them in as attachments. 

Attachments

• Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Rearsets.jpg
    Rearsets.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 220
That's one sexy bike, I would be running the bars above the triple tree, but with that long tank, I doubt it would make much difference. Be interested in how your body handles it after this weekends run Chris.

I hate other riders trying to beat me off the lights .... so can assure you that above 5000 rpm it sounds fucking awesome, and after it gets into the naughty zone, I can hear it telling me ..... do it again, do it again!

Didn?t hit the ?run in limiter? so wasn?t at 7,500 ...... maybe tomorrow, that sound is addictive  :D

A GSXR rider pulled up and told me there were flames coming out of the pipe when I backed off .... should look good at night then.  ;)

Even with the DAM easy clutch arm, fuck, it?s as heavy as a cable triple, maybe moreso.

Lemon, will be in contact re neutral switch. This one is buggered.

Fork set-up yesterday worked a treat, the roads tomorrow will give me a better idea though.

Vince said:
Be interested in how your body handles it after this weekends run Chris.

Me too.  My RGS mongrel has the same tank and seat with clip-ons below the top triple clamp (putting the bars on top of the triple clamp as Vince suggested would mess up the fit of the fairing).  Only difference is that my rearsets are a wee bit further back.  It's a bit of a stretch to the bars and heavy on the hands if riding slowly, but it's not too uncomfortable once you're up to speed. It's certainly not built for commuting in the city, but it seems that suburban speed limits are everywhere these days.

I'm not keen on the bare carbon fibre look. If it were mine, I'd slap a coat of paint on it.

Great to start getting some reports, CK. Been a long time in the making, after a false start last year  :D  Look forward to hearing about the long run. What's your feeling on the vibration factor so far?

Personally I couldn't cope with clipons below the top clamp any more - was OK when i was 21, but have run them above the clamp for decades and don't regret it. Have gone to great lengths to make extender fork caps for the USD Kayabas. It does make fairing choice a pain, I admit, but I'll just have to work around that.

Watch out caning it with that pipe - you're gonna draw quite a bit of attention, some of it unwanted!

It does spoil the esthetics a bit but I just jacked the SS Bevel fairing up to where it clears the bars, that I also had jacked up to a reasonable height. That's if your planning on doing 400k days at least. Couple of hundred and it's bearable, I couldn't get near the same on the Pantah, up a bit but not long days high enough for a 60-year-old who has lots of wear and tear on his back. There may be some who can handle it but not me.

Piranha Brother 2 said:
Great to start getting some reports, CK. Been a long time in the making, after a false start last year  :D  Look forward to hearing about the long run. What's your feeling on the vibration factor so far?

Personally I couldn't cope with clipons below the top clamp any more - was OK when i was 21, but have run them above the clamp for decades and don't regret it. Have gone to great lengths to make extender fork caps for the USD Kayabas. It does make fairing choice a pain, I admit, but I'll just have to work around that.

Watch out caning it with that pipe - you're gonna draw quite a bit of attention, some of it unwanted!

Bars are fine, but my arse hurts like hell. The 410Klm round trip on the weekend on 20mm of foam took it's toll.

Came home on the Hwy and the throttle roll of down Cunninghams gap was awesome.
Speedo magnet parted ways with the front wheel on the track, but no fines on the way home, but I'll await what comes in the mail.

Piranha Brother 2 said:
Yep, that's gonna hurt, fo' sure! Must be run in now and ready for some caning!

Going to dump the oil, and see what it looks like. Was booked in at dyno guy today, but work has got in the way ....... grrrr.

Don't worry, it got a bit a a caning on the track. A layer of oil was under the starter after that, dunno where that came from, washed it off the next day.
I rode home from the track, and none there now.
Go figure.

I was always in for race and won 95% of the time with my 70 Breganzie 750 SF - And that's the Truth - LOL

Really! Good luck with your project - I sense a true Breganzie die hart and connoisseur here.

I highly suggest you pay attention to the 750 Stock Engine Spec's if you want your engine to survive.

The 750 Breganzie Engine can be a Dauntless Hero if you treat her right. Just how much Hp and Revs are you going to get out them 2 little pistons rapped in pounds of aluminum fins before you melt them - AAAGHH ! - Been there ;o)

Personally I think you are wasting your time and money over doing the frame considering the Revs and Hp that can be delivered from a Breganzie 750 or 880 OB Mill. But if your into it go for it - You will never get your time and money back except for personal satisfaction that you did it.

Last edited:
Good onya Ron. Personal satisfaction is worth whatever you decide to spend in money and/or time. I have no problem with anyone deciding to change the build of their Laverda if it gives them the joy I hope it does. Always liked your SF.

Back