Clock restorations

mauricejota7604

I thought I would promote JasonB on the forum for the great work he does with instrument repairs and restorrations.
Jason has an Auto electrical business in Australia and has done a few specials for me including making a Zane electronic tacho work correctly on my triple race bike.
great quality and great problem solver.
Thanks Jason.

Some place out the back of Manly. Poor bugger has had some rivet counting types looking for correct pattena in his bits. Has a stunning SF2  as well.

Hi Maurice & Vince thanks for the great plug, happy your happy with my work, also happy to answer anyones questions regarding gauges, will even help out those rivet counters  :p.
Yes its early he in Australia, but have huge load of work to get through today.

Regards
JasonB

Vince said:
Poor bugger has had some rivet counting types looking for correct pattena in his bits. Has a stunning SF2  as well.
Bloody Ducati owner's I bet, just imagine if it were a Laverda owner who had gone to all that trouble only to have had it blabbed all over the forum............what is the old saying loose lips sink ships
Yes he does have a real nicely put together SF2 which absolutely just shines.... along has one beautiful  GT750 Ducati, shh dont tell anyone i said that... bloody thing takes me back some, he also has a real nice single or two.

Does a top job is well known in the Vintage Car field as well and am real sure that once he has finished doing all the renovations his Missus keeps lining up for him will have more time on his hands.. perhaps even to see him on the next Snowy rally.

Guess you can contact him via his website or PM him via the forum or come along to a NSW Lav club meet and catch up with him there.

Another happy customer for Jason, Manly Instrument repairs. Sorted out my collection of crap, now all cleaned, lubed and adjusted. Thanks mate

Attachments

• IMG_3397.JPG
    IMG_3397.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 576
The SFC1000 vauglia I have on the Motodd no longer has the needle, it broke off at the base and sits somewhere inside the works.
Might have to contact Jason!

motoddrob said:
The SFC1000 vauglia I have on the Motodd no longer has the needle, it broke off at the base and sits somewhere inside the works.
Might have to contact Jason!

My 1200TS has a fly stuck in the face of the speedo!  Its dead so I'm unable to coax it out. At some point I will get Jason to fix it - he did a great job on my Jota clocks.  In the meantime it kinda buzzs around the bottom of the dial when she's travelling along the freeway.

ngiles said:
My 1200TS has a fly stuck in the face of the speedo!  Its dead so I'm unable to coax it out. At some point I will get Jason to fix it - he did a great job on my Jota clocks.  In the meantime it kinda buzzs around the bottom of the dial when she's travelling along the freeway.

That's the rare fly from the Laverda factory ;), (like the fly in the gel coat of the Ducati's) you would be amazed at what little critters I have found in gauges over the years. I did a set of Austin Healy gauges recently which had a ants nest inside.

Our share house back in the 80s had a rental VCR. Stopped working one day so I pulled the cover off - full blown ants nest!! Must like the warmth. Also found one in a bicycle bottom bracket (in the frame where the crank axle runs).

Try that with jumping jacks without getting instant karma.
[/quote]

Arnt they the species of Ants found in Tassie where the bite has proved Fatal. And there I was thinking the local Bullants where nasty.

My dog was bitten by a jack jumper ant. Heart rate  went through the roof a quick trip to the vet and a dose of some sort of antihistamine saved him.

Back