Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)

Actually, I reckon new brake callipers would be the next go, suspension is fine for now. Some shiny gold callipers would be nice, or at the very least a set to replace the ones I have.

I think a set of cartridges for the front would be awesome. Now off to google the options!
Nah settled for adjusting the AP Lockheed adjuster. It feels like perhaps the discs did warp because of the stuck caliper we fixed a while ago so it’s pushing back the calopers but let’s see. So might be just a new disc.

Thanks Red, do you think there would be much stuffing around to fit them?
of course there would be, nothing is ever easy but any suspension place would be able to fit them
we had to modify the 30's as we are using Multistrada forks which are longer then the normal Ducati forks

Wondering whether you'd reap all the benefits on offer with that classy Ohlins upgrade to Marzos, where stiction limits potential gains to some degree, compared with modern USDs with teflon bushes and the like? I guess adjustability makes any mod worthwhile ...

Woah we have brakes again. New LH brake disc and the rodeo braking is over, or a lot better at least but when pads get used to it I hope it will be good as new.

Could do.
I also had a Guzzi disc that got slightly bent after I highsided at Winton. Out of interest I gave it one 'medium' whack with a lump of 4 x 2 and a hammer and when i checked it with the dial gauge I couldn't see any movement in the needle. I think the bend was caused by twisting of the forks. Left it on the bike, did many more thousands of km and probably still in use today on the bike the front end went to!

My brother once straightened a buckled front rim on his BMW R60/5 (alloy rim with wire spokes) on the side of the road by bashing it with an axe that he borrowed from a local farmer. He did it properly though, using a lump of firewood between the axe and rim to soften the blow. The dent actually came out nicely and didn't need any further attention.

The rim got dented by running over a brick on the highway at about 100kph. I presume the brick fell off a truck or something. He was following close behind a car, about to overtake. The car blocked his view of the road surface ahead. As the car straddled the brick, it suddenly appeared on the road right in front of bro's Beemer and he didn't have time to dodge around it. The impact splayed both sides of the rim out. The tyre (inner tube) didn't deflate though and he didn't crash. His rear wheel also ran over the brick but wasn't damaged for some reason. Maybe he'd bounced off the seat and unloaded the rear end by the time the wheel got to the brick.

Back