Side stand - JotaJoe contact?

If you click on Members in the menu, you can then select the option to Search for Members.  If you type in jotajoe you will be able to see his profile and send him a Personal Message (PM)

Spike said:
Who might have Jota Joes contact details?
I would like to buy one of his side stand brackets.
Spike

Side stands on Laverda's  :( ..................... Pfft, you pityfull bunch of old farts, can't you lift a bike onto a centre-stand anymore?  ;)
Replies will be interesting  :LOL:

chrisk said:
:LOL: You blokes love your side stands then eh?

Ouch, just did a head count in my garage ............... 3 out of 4 complete bikes have side stands  :-[

And how many of them work :eek: ? I suspect your paperweights are more expensive than mine by now... :D :D

Thought you were supposed to be hiding in Germany today.. ::) ::)

AndyW said:
And how many of them work :eek: ? I suspect your paperweights are more expensive than mine by now... :D :D

Hiding in Germany as of the 2nd May... waiting for a plane to Townsville too hide. You got a place there still? I may as well live there.

Thought you were supposed to be hiding in Germany today.. ::) ::)

What the hell just happened? Read second paragraph of your quote

Calm down Chris and keep on keeping on... :LOL: 

BTW how's that shiny new boat mooring of yours doing? "Brummm Brummm Bru.." :eek:

Thanks Rob,
Having owned what seems like a million Laverdas over the last 38 years (this was the first time I had actually posted on the forum) the main reason being, my fear of the formidable Witt (no pun Int') and the sheer comic genius of the Laverda family.........they have duly delivered!
  Thanks again. Spike

I had Spike on the phone the other day,
he wants a Bushman/Lawton/Jotajoe side stand kit
leave the poor bloke alone, they are a truly excellent product, and increase the enjoyment of owning a riding any of the 180's (sadly not available for RGS types) particularly handy for hopping on and off the bike eg, outside the paper shop, fag shop, petrol station. post office, etc. and dead handy when "nipping" into a hotel and seeking a vacancy for the night, I love mine, production of these units has changed "ownership" a few times and there must be reasons for that, Joe has it currently and donates profits to charity, it cant be a bad thing even if someone buys one and never fits it!

I got some serious stick from the Old Duffer when I returned his Anni to him a few weeks ago, because  He has the factory side stand fitted, because his poor old crippled body, means that he MUST retain 100% of the original centre stand tang on his bike (when fitting the above kit some trimming is required) and following a once in six years service at my workshop, I had freed both stands and greased the pivots, now he cannot put the side stand out, where it used to remain, and then lay the bike onto it, because the thing springs back when no weight is on it, which was standard factory spec, but Duff likes it "stiff" (don't we all!) so the bike will come back here and I will introduce some shimming to give it just a touch of anti spring resistance, strangely though it hasn't stopped the old git riding it, he has been to a Vincent rally on it (enjoys pissing them off and leaving all four of his at home, Vin owners are 400% worse than ILOC in this respect) and the AGM, to which he rode up alone, now lads, credit where its due, he rode to Blackwell from Greenwich by himself at 81 years of age, because Hamish and I were leaving half an hour before he wanted to, guess what, Hamish and I had a fairly spirited ride up, in the morning glow and Duff was no more than 40 minutes behind us, it might have even been the 30, and his memory is not what it used to be, beats me how he remembered the way without maps of GPS, when H and I had to resort to the latter ourselves!!! and we have been there more times than he has!!!
CLEM

Clem, I see 2 options for the Old Duffer's sidestand problem.

Standard sidestand: weld a post to the frame to relocate one end of the sidestand spring so that the spring travels over-centre (and starts reducing in extended length slightly)  when the sidestand is extended. This would stop the stand retracting.

Jota Joe sidestand: someone made a different plate that positioned the Kawa sidestand an inch or so further back. This allowed it to clear the centrestand tang. I'm sure someone of your calibre could make/have made such a plate.

Have you tried a PM to Joe? Email addresses can and do change and may not be updated in the user profile. He last logged on a week ago

For those of us in North America, I've just learned that Wolfgang Haerter of Columbia Car and Cycle can provide the side stand kits. 
Postage costs being what they are (!) I'll source my kit from Wolfgang.

Back