Weather where you are?

Dellortoman

In Australia, "huntsman" has an entirely different connotation. The word tends to creep a lot of people out. Especially those who are prone to arachnophobia. My sister is a typical example. You only have to mention huntsman spider in conversation and her heart rate doubles.

Attachments

• huntsman 1.JPG
    huntsman 1.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 8

Laverda SF

Under the Southern Cross are Freezing while under the North Star are Baking !

Considering I really don't think our southern friends understand what being cold is all about ;o)

Last edited:

Laverda SF

ENTUSKY Tells it all:

Quit complaining - Other then the North Shore of the Great Lakes is starting to get some relief from the HEAT ;o)

Mushroom season is just about over and time to do some Bullfrog hunting with your Daisy.

Last edited:

arancia

Bizarre weather here this evening.
It's been very hot last few days >45C and there's a strong burning smell and high "clouds" layer of smoke from nearby fires that have prevented it getting even hotter but just a short time ago a sharp wind and brief heavy rain that lasted about five minutes and has now completely dried up in the heat and low humidity. They say it's approaching the start of "monsoon season" and we should expect the big rain and thunderstorms but having not seen any real rain from those in the last few years and now in a serious drought situation I wonder if there really will be any real rain.
Came to work in Arizona from London many years ago and stayed because it didn't rain much (among other reasons) and we've never had water use restrictions yet in the desert but there's talk now that the ongoing SW US lack of rain may mean serious water shortages though they're still building houses into the ever expanding suburbs like there's no limitation at all - the concrete and asphalt heat island just keeps getting bigger.

GregT

Shortest day is next Monday. Cold and damp here now for over a week. Forecast says more of the same for another week....
In the workshop for four hours today which was all i could take. Post the neck and shoulder op, there's a load of surgical clips holding it all together - and it really doesn't like the damp weather.
Fabricating, with plenty of hand work and gas welding leaves everything aching.
Bring on spring and some warm weather please.....

And Ron, I'm only a few months younger than you. Keep going.

piranha-bro2

You don't need to be post-op to feel the effects of a cold workshop Greg. Once it gets to frost breath stage the metal I'm fabricating or tools I'm using start to sting the hands it's get my arse inside the house time! The nights are like that at the mo here in Melbourne.

GregT

You don't need to be post-op to feel the effects of a cold workshop Greg. Once it gets to frost breath stage the metal I'm fabricating or tools I'm using start to sting the hands it's get my arse inside the house time! The nights are like that at the mo here in Melbourne.
Ah yes, working at nights - I can just remember those times, LOL.
Being retired and doing this as occupational therapy means i can wait till the frost is off and the sun - such as it is - is up.
Still damp and cold though with single digit temps. And I can heat the workshop too.

Piet - thanks for reminding me of what's to come. We get extremes here. Snow in winter 2 -3 times a year. And 30 plus in summer when you're nervously listening for the local fire brigade siren.....And welding or grinding is done very carefully.

1200ts

My wife and I needed to go from California to Utah two days ago. It was 117 degrees (47C) in the mojave desert on the way there and coming home we made a detour to Death Valley California. It was 128 degrees (53C) which is the hottest temperature I have ever been in.

I did ride my RGS in 124 degrees (51C) years ago. The bike was not happy about that.

piranha-bro2

Indeed, the air cooled motor does not enjoy temps like that. I've ridden my SF many times in extreme heat, simply because it was my only means of transport, but once over 40 deg the power felt like it had halved; conversely, on a cold clear night the thing felt like it was supercharged (which in a way it was - high air density, same principle as an intercooler).

Vince

Me too, is there anyone in Oz who hasn't. I finally bought a mesh jacket and that makes a huge difference. Frequent stops to Hydrate is mandatory or a Camelback.