Weather where you are?

Right now on the north shore approx 21c to 26c in day and 13c to 18c at night - What more could you ask for - Hoping for 2 months of this ;o)

Been one BLAST of a summer - Extremely HOT with flash lightening storms with enough rain to prevent forest fires.

It has been raining hard for three days in southern British Columbia and northwest USA. There are so many landslides that every road leaving the Fraser Valley region is closed and some may not open for a week. Vehicles found swept off the road but no reports of injuries or fatalities yet.

I'm further north so missing the heavy rains but it will turn cold for me starting this afternoon. It was a high of +6.5 at noon but already dropping to more normal temperatures of -3 to -5 by tonight.

Jim

Screen-Shot-2021-11-15-at-12.47.35-PM.png

Hwy.-5-1024x654.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-11-15-at-12.32.44-PM.png

Weather North Shore Lake Huron at approx 0c right now - SNOW to the West and SNOW to the East -. We are in a pocket with southern winds from the Mid States - ANY DAY NOW is Winter.

Time to hunt Blue Bills and Geese with a full coke 12 Gauge and #2 shot around Islands of the North Channel with decoys. Actually I preferred my FN A5 16 gauge over a 12 ;o)

Inland Lakes freeze on Nov 27th but the North Channel remains open until January.

Jim: I had to pull off with my Breganzie on a return ride from Manitoulin Island at 4:00 AM in October when she started to severly hydroplane. There were snakes, turtles, frogs, ducks, muskrats and beavers floating in front of me. Don't believe I ever got my leathers so water logged.

Lot of rich people in southern B.C. Bet your property insurance is going up.

Last edited:
Unbelievable, the inland lakes should have been frozen by Nov 21st yet there still open - Warmest fall that I can recall. We are still getting a warm southerly wind from the mid east states over Lake Huron. Temp approx -2 to +5 C. Freezing snow weather to the West and East - We are trapped but can't say for how long - I've encountered a few Die Hard Motorcyclists on the HWY - Bless their hearts - Can't complain ;o)

According to VentuSky your not doing so bad either Jim ;o)

----------------

Here I am a few hours later about an inch of wet slouchy snow ;o)

Last edited:
So far no real cold snap although a few nights it has got down to -10 or so ....... but mostly temperatures have been in the -3 to +3 range. Maybe 6 inches of snow on the ground but easy to deal with. The wood pile is not getting smaller very fast this year.

Jim

Nov 25/26th - The ground and Lakes are not frozen but now at 2" of snow in the last 8 hours - This could be it - WINTER on the North Shore ;o(

Lifted my wiper blades off the windshield !

I really need a new battery $200 worth of shit to get me through this winter.

Last edited:
No disaster here in northern Bavaria. (y)
We have the first nights with freezing temperatures but during the day it is still 2-4 degrees warm.
Did a little hike yesterday on the "Walberla", on which there was a large Celtic city about 1400 years before Christ. The 250 m high mountain was created in prehistoric times from a sponge reef.
Was there often as a child, on top with 50 ccm-bike and first love and till today at sundown together with my wife ((no women!)) = lovely place.

Today there was the first light snowfall - things can change that quickly.

Thomas aus LAU

Walberla small 1.jpg

One for Paul: "tricolore"
Tricolore.jpg Walberla Top small.jpg

No disaster here in northern Bavaria. (y)
We have the first nights with freezing temperatures but during the day it is still 2-4 degrees warm.
Did a little hike yesterday on the "Walberla", on which there was a large Celtic city about 1400 years before Christ. The 250 m high mountain was created in prehistoric times from a sponge reef.
Was there often as a child, on top with 50 ccm-bike and first love and till today at sundown together with my wife ((no women!)) = lovely place.

Today there was the first light snowfall - things can change that quickly.

Thomas aus LAU

View attachment 60225

One for Paul: "tricolore"
View attachment 60226 View attachment 60230
Lucky you.
Here, it's rain, rain, rain.

Paul

Back