What did you do to or for or with your Laverda today?

Aren't we all. But some of us have the redeeming feature we appreciate both Zanes and Breganze bikes. Great looking Zane!

I gave the swingarm a few shots of waterproof boat trailer grease today, and scraped out the excess where is usualy gets expelled at each swingarm end. A while go someone mentioned they loosened the swingarm nuts before doing this, any need to do this before adding grease.I am going to hit this with degreaser tomorrow, there was a fair bit of grit in the excess grease that came out around the ends where it meets the frame.

Took the S out for a small ride, 30 km to test a carb tweak. A lot better but now too rich at idle and off it. One carb still hardly responding to the mixture screw.
But when you open it up. Waow, what a bike. It's even got a front brake now the new shoes have bedded in but the effort necessary on the lever is hard on my old hands. Even the clutch has gotten to be useable after having poured a few cc of silicone down the cable.

Paul23.jpg

Had an STL file made of the clamp that holds the BOSCH headlamp switch on the handlebar of an S model.
Looking into Additive Manufacturing (3D printing, metallic) of copies of this clamp.

Had an STL file made of the clamp that holds the BOSCH headlamp switch on the handlebar of an S model.
Looking into Additive Manufacturing (3D printing, metallic) of copies of this clamp.
I have used Stratasys in the past, just upload your step files, select material and finish. Fast turnaround.

Finally sorted the pipes on the 3C. It turns over and sparks.
Beginning of next week, petrol and vroom.
No, the rh pipe isn't higher than the left.

Paul24 4 21 (Petit).jpg24 4 21 1 (Petit).jpg

Back