Cape, what have you got plugged in to your Ignitech serial port? Do you ride around with a notebook computer taped onto your tank?
And is that a USB cable/plug I can see too?

Cheers,
Cam

Dellortoman said:
Cape, what have you got plugged in to your Ignitech serial port? Do you ride around with a notebook computer taped onto your tank?
And is that a USB cable/plug I can see too?

Cheers,
Cam

Nothing while driving, that's just a serial cable. Serial cable is really reliable compared to usb-serial converter. When I do adjustments in the garage, I use an old laptop with serial connection. On long trips I take a tiny, tiny modern laptop with usb connection with me. The problem with usb connection is that when I start the engine, the connection fails, almost every time. But I'm still able to adjust with just the power on, without actually starting the engine.

Grant said:
Cape, bring/send me your bike and I'll make it 'original' if you want.

No thanks, I like the way it is. The electrics are a mess though, since I've done a lot of upgrades...

I think i would really suit you Boba.
It already has a carbon tool tray and tailpiece inner!  8)

You bet it would suit me. I had a candy red one. It was my first bike. Now it is somewhere in Australia.
Anyway, have to sell a 1000 tool trays to buy your 1200.

Come work with me again. In a few years I might let you have the 1200!!!

Attachments

• B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 80
Grant said:
Muchas gracias se?ores.
It has been restored to be a standard bike as opposed to a modified bike.
If you like 1200s, and you like blue 1200s, then you will not find a more honest bike than this at that money.
If you buy a tatty 1200 it will cost you more than my asking price to get it in this condition, and this level of detail.
Not bragging, just saying it as I see it.

I will be selling the Jarama soon too, but that will be at a higher price.

Grant, just courious, why is the Jarama selling for a higher price?

It reflects the work and money spent on it, as well as the end result.
Plus the 1200 was an introductory price as it was/is the first restoration I have offered for sale here.

No other reason than its a BLOODY nice bike and deserves to be up in the shop window.
I'm desparately trying to think of a (good) friend who would buy it to
a) improve Grants cash flow
b) get the thing back on the road, turning miles
c) enable me to cadge a few rides!!

Still thinking!

I fitted new indicators and stems to it today.
Tomorrow I will finish off the wiring, then it will get serviced and then cleaned and polished.
There are 2 interested parties, but as yet no firm offers.

I would like it to go to a home where it will be used and cherished. Last thing I want is for it to gather dust in someone's living room.

Keep thinking my man!  :D

Grant,  you've done some good work on that 1200,,  always good to see this stuff happening.
she would be on a boat bound for Australia,  if it were not for Clyde,  me '78 1200.

and Boba,
Ludi Boba said:
Anyway, have to sell a 1000 tool trays to ...
ya better be sending a heap of 'em down to the Redax shed soon.
the tool tray queue is getting real long down under,,  i'm good for 2.

Finished the 1200 yesterday.
It has a really sweet motor in it.
Just purrs (so don't shoot it Davo!!!).

Pissing with rain here today so no final pics or video yet.
A week ago, 30?C, today 10?C.

Back