15 Months and thousands of dollars later...

BOETJE

Junior member
Location
NEW ZEALAND
My first love was a SF-2. Saved my money from 15 years old. At 19 I could buy one.
(Do kids still save money for something ?)
Live went on, the Laverda saw me trough university, and got sold when I went to work for a Japanese manufacturer.
Now 40 years later got my hands on this one. Complete rebuild was in order. But it is nearly done now.
It fired right up, within two crank revolutions.
One thing is for sure . Restoring BMW airheads is about half the price....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4782.JPG
    IMG_4782.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4886.JPG
    IMG_4886.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4887.JPG
    IMG_4887.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 120
I did the crank .
I do need a new clutch cable actually, but am still playing with the routing.
Any sharp turn, and the clutch feels a lot heavier..:confused:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4777.JPG
    IMG_4777.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4778.JPG
    IMG_4778.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4781.JPG
    IMG_4781.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4670.JPG
    IMG_4670.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 123
Good work! Re the clutch cable, you can generally get a nice open curve by taking the cable to the far side of the tank, then as Rob suggested, over the top of the motor and curving down to the cases.
 
"Re the clutch cable, you can generally get a nice open curve by taking the cable to the far side of the tank, then as Rob suggested, over the top of the motor and curving down to the cases. "

Any pictures of that set-up ?
 
Mine isn't set up (long-term WIP!!) but hopefully someone can offer you a pic. Route will depend on what your handlebar setup looks like. I do know it's a lot easier if your instruments are mounted in a fairing bracket!
 
Back
Top