1971 Laverda SF1 Bonhams

Reminds me of when I went to see an SFC in an auction room in Belgium on behalf of a friend.
It was a GT with orange bodywork. I managed to get it pulled out of the sale.

Paul
 
Ooh, it comes with a set of keys. An innovation like that has gotta be worth an extra $1000.

"Prospective bidders must satisfy themselves as to the mileage covered." How the fuck are they supposed to do that? Track down previous owners and strap them to a polygraph machine? That statement is something of a red flag to me. It actually raises suspicion that the indicated mileage is a crock of shit.

The bike itself looks good to me. I can't pick any inconsistencies from original, but I don't know much about 750 twins. I wouldn't expect an old bike to be 100% original anyway, even though the seller implies it is.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top