1980 Jota Parts List Supplement.

I don't believe that there was ever a Jota parts supplement available, I assume you mean the parts required to upgrade a 3CL to a Jota.
And as has been stated many times before the definition of a Jota varies from country to country dependant on their laws of compliance back in the day, full blooded Jotas were sold into the UK, Australia and New Zealand and possibly other countries.
The list of "Jota" parts is actually quite short.
1. High compression pistons.
2. 4C camshafts.
3. Large bore exhaust collector.
4. Open mufflers.
5. Rearsets.
 
I don't believe that there was ever a Jota parts supplement available, I assume you mean the parts required to upgrade a 3CL to a Jota.
And as has been stated many times before the definition of a Jota varies from country to country dependant on their laws of compliance back in the day, full blooded Jotas were sold into the UK, Australia and New Zealand and possibly other countries.
The list of "Jota" parts is actually quite short.
1. High compression pistons.
2. 4C camshafts.
3. Large bore exhaust collector.
4. Open mufflers.
5. Rearsets.
Yep mine is a UK Slater supplied bike has all of those plus the rounded style fairing. I am sure I've seen a supplement somewhere over the years
 
I'm beginning to wonder why we have a Library section on this forum. Seems nobody looks there.
Ok, I just used the link out of interest, that you posted, where does it show the parts list for the 1980 Jota he asked about? I may be being a dumb ass here? I just wanted to see how easy it would be to find something, not being antagonistic at all.
 
Ha ha. Well spotted. I thought there was one that was called 1000-1200 parts list. I must have been confusing it with the workshop manual that refers to both the 1000 and 1200.

The 1200 parts manual will cover 99.9% of the 1000 parts anyway. The differences are pretty much limited to the cylinder bore and slightly different tank and side panels.

I'll see if I can find a specific 1000 parts list to upload, but I don't like my chances of success.
 
Ha ha. Well spotted. I thought there was one that was called 1000-1200 parts list. I must have been confusing it with the workshop manual that refers to both the 1000 and 1200.

The 1200 parts manual will cover 99.9% of the 1000 parts anyway. The differences are pretty much limited to the cylinder bore and slightly different tank and side panels.

I'll see if I can find a specific 1000 parts list to upload, but I don't like my chances of success.
from my perspective , I dont need it. I just see in threads people say if they search it, they will find it, but finding specific info can be difficult unless you know the correct terms to search, i just see often people saying search and you will find, but its not always that simple?
 
Ok, I just used the link out of interest, that you posted, where does it show the parts list for the 1980 Jota he asked about? I may be being a dumb ass here? I just wanted to see how easy it would be to find something, not being antagonistic at all.
According to Laverdian, this is contained in the supplement called VAR180 that is not in the Library but I found it for sale online elsewhere
 
Ha ha. Well spotted. I thought there was one that was called 1000-1200 parts list. I must have been confusing it with the workshop manual that refers to both the 1000 and 1200.

The 1200 parts manual will cover 99.9% of the 1000 parts anyway. The differences are pretty much limited to the cylinder bore and slightly different tank and side panels.

I'll see if I can find a specific 1000 parts list to upload, but I don't like my chances of success.
After writing parts catalogues for a living for many years for Ford and Land Rover, I can assure you that it is the 0.1% of differences that cause all the issues
 
After writing parts catalogues for a living for many years for Ford and Land Rover, I can assure you that it is the 0.1% of differences that cause all the issues
I have just had a sniff around the Internet and found in addition to the pre '76 3CL catalogue that is in the library, that there was a catalogue published for 3CL 76 to 79.... Although I have yet to find a pdf version
 
from my perspective , I dont need it. I just see in threads people say if they search it, they will find it, but finding specific info can be difficult unless you know the correct terms to search, i just see often people saying search and you will find, but its not always that simple?
Yeah… our search engine ain’t google. Bit frustrating for me when the search term “RGS” has too few letters… but on the other hand, I don’t want this forum to sell its soul to, say, google! So I persevere 😁
 
I didn't use the search facility , I examined every file in the resources section manually to understand the content and the VAR180 parts list supplement just is not there
 
Back
Top