750SF at Australian motorcycle museum

Ex-VF750R fairing I think.
Overall I think it suits the way the bike has been done.

I like it, but I would have swapped the colours around on the front guard, to be the same way around as the tank,seat etc.bikes with a siamese exhaust always look a bit unbalanced on one side unless the outlet is very short and only just making it's way out into the atmosphere with virtually no can, very nice, I would be pleased if it was mine.
CLEM

I quite like that too, all seems to fit together well with the shape and the colour choice. The exhaust attachment method sets a small alarm bell ringing, if he let that pass muster what is the rest of it like??

Keith

I think it looks pretty good as well nice colour scheme and a nice restoration.  Pity it's the other side of the world no chance of a test drive....
The fairing sort of suits it.

is there some connection between Michaels Motorcycles in the US and this seller in Australia? Haven't we previously seen other Laverda's first offered at Michaels then turn up at this seller in Aus?

Paul LeClair

So this guy runs a Motorcycle Museum just west of Brisbane, he brings in bikes all the time and decides which ones to keep for the display and which to sell. Not sure if there's a connection with the shop you mentioned but there may be. He's a really nice bloke, doesn't mind a chat and helped me with procedures on how to bring argy in. :-

http://www.australianmotorcyclemuseum.com.au/

Paul,
You are correct about the connection. Originally Michael's was a collection point for Allen Smith's purchases in the States. Allen was paying Michael's to load containers and forward to Australia. Things slowed considerably over there, as you well know, and Allen decided to buy from the shop as well. I believe this has also helped Michael's as well.
Ian

Back